• This community needs YOUR help today!

With the ever-increasing fees of maintaining our vibrant community (servers, software, domains, email), we need help.
    We need more Supporting Members today.

Please invest back into this community to help spread our love and knowledge of multi-channel sound.

Why Join?

• Exclusive Access: Gain entry to private forums.
    • Special Perks: Enjoy enhanced account features that enrich your experience, including the ability to disable ads.
    • Free Gifts: Sign up annually and receive exclusive The Rocketry Forum decals directly to your door!

This is your chance to make a difference. Become a Supporting Member today:

Upgrade Now

Is there an Android Expert out there using the Jolly Logic Altimeter 3?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeltaVee

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I hope that there is someone out there that knows their way around the Android system and adb (For the uninitiated: android debug bridge). I got a new phone a week or two back... and while the altimeter 3 app transferred... the many tens of flights that I have logged on my old phone didn't! I've tried using the ADB to pull and push the apk and the data. The data backup invariably looks wayyyy too small and I only end up with the original default flight (a StrongArm) in the original distro for demo purposes. This is a disappointment. The somewhere in my old device must have a file or files with the data that this thing reads. Has ANYONE managed to get their altimeter 3 data transferred to a new device?

Also, I notice that even when I force a backup of my phone to the google cloud, the altimeter 3 app never gets backed up (no joy!)

Last edited:
Could the data be on the fake sdcard partition so it's more accessible? I would email Jolly Logic and ask where the data is stored.

Can't really help because I don't have an altimeter 3.

well I've seen stuff there... and I've transferred it over however it didn't make a diff. I will have to drop an email to JB and I'm hoping that there may be some way. If I rooted my old phone I could probably find stuff but since I didnt do it before I used the altimeter, rooting will wipe the device...

According to John Beans, the data is kept in an SQLite dB and lives with the app. Now all I have to do is figure out how to copy it without root access.

Back