Input needed on scratch design

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Breeze1913

Reaction score
I'm building a rocket to give the science teacher at my kid's school. A couple years ago they built some rockets, but didn't launch them. I was surprised because this school is pretty heavy into science and math.

The main purpose of this rocket to inspire the students and faculty to explore rocketry more. It must be incredibly stable and efficient, while looking very very cool.
I've assembled the parts:
  1. LOC 38mm Airframe
  2. LOC 38mm plastic nose cone
  3. 24mm MMT up to "E" engines
  4. tube coupler & parts for baffle
  5. nylon school colors parachute (not pictured)
I've posted the rocksim file, and am totally open to suggestions to improve anything about the rocket.
I am also in desperate need of an outstanding paint job. This rocket needs to look fast while sitting on the display stand. School colors are Green, Gold/Yellow, and Silver.
Thanks in advance for the help.

View attachment Surrey Knight 1.JPG

View attachment Surrey Garden Knight.rkt

Is the tube coupler and the two bulkheads for a baffle?

Oh, whoops. I missed that. Also, the rocket you designed looks fine and very straight forward. I doubt that it will need any necessary adjustments.

Breeze - you get MEGA points for doing this for the school. I hope it lights a few fires in those kids.

I just looked up Queen Creek on my mapping software - I have a cousin in Gilbert!

Back