Info on the Estes PNC-56 nosecone

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Since BT-56 is/has gone the way of the dodo, I'm interested in doing a semi-clone of the Challenger II in BT-55.

I think your declaration of extinction for the Bt-56 may be premature. eRockets still sells ST-13 in many lengths, and Estes themselves still sell the BT-56 nosecones. And now in this day of 3D printing, finding a 1340 fin can is pretty easy too. I'd kind of hate to see the Challenger-II (and so many other BC-56 greats) get the old Estes Phoenix Bird treatment.

eRockets still sells ST-13 in many lengths, and Estes themselves still sell the BT-56 nosecones.

Nose cones and fin cans aren't much good without tubes. Have you actually looked at what ST-13 items eRockets has in stock (with all the out-of-stock items being discontinued)? If you built a rocket, it would be half couplers.

Nose cones and fin cans aren't much good without tubes. Have you actually looked at what ST-13 items eRockets has in stock (with all the out-of-stock items being discontinued)? If you built a rocket, it would be half couplers.
I did look, but (not for the first time) was fooled at eRockets - until I hovered over the items and "Sorry" popped up. Sadly, you are correct. For BT-56, tubes are actually what I have the most of, maybe 16 or 20 full length. The fin cans have always been the tougher component for me, as I have them only via the kits.

Just wanted to let you know that I am working on a 3D model of the PNC-56 nose cone. It should be done by the weekend at the latest.

Should it be called the PNC-56 or the PNC-56A?

-Jack

I plan on making a BT-56, a BT-55, a BT-60, and a BT-80. I can certainly design one for the LT-125 tubing that you can purchase on E-rockets, but it looks like they are discontinuing it.

Latest posts

Back