In defense of Noobs.....

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Driving down Sunset Boulevard through West Hollywood will give you an entirely different view of "buttless leather chaps" - literally. Made that mistake once, but never, ever again.

Try driving down Market Street in San Francisco on Gay Day.

Whodat?? Very pretty... apparently talented with the fiddle...

Later! OL JR :)

(Throwing on geek hat) She plays for Celtic Woman. An all female Irish musical ensemble. They're actually pretty good with emphasis on pretty. I've taken the GF two or three times to see them. And yes, she is amazing with the fiddle. Not only is she playing it, but dancing around like wild at the same time. Actually quite impressive. If you have the chance, take Betty once, I'd bet you'll have a good time.
(Geek hat off)
And now back to our random nonsense. Peace out!

Adrian

Last edited:
(Throwing on geek hat) She plays for Celtic Woman. An all female Irish musical ensemble. They're actually pretty good with emphasis on pretty. I've taken the GF two or three times to see them. And yes, she is amazing with the fiddle. Not only is she playing it, but dancing around like wild at the same time. Actually quite impressive. If you have the chance, take Betty once, I'd bet you'll have a good time.
(Geek hat off)

Adrian

Beat me to the punch. That's ok,,

Here ya go Jeff..

[YOUTUBE]tLXOMyZ4vIo[/YOUTUBE]

Here she is in Pacific Slope, Mairead is to Celtic Women what Angus Young is to AC-DC

[YOUTUBE]mefN5rswoJs[/YOUTUBE]

Without noobs there would be no need of educational forums like this one. Without noobs the forums would just be a bunch of know it alls trying to one up each other. Long live the noob!

On occasion I see single digit posters ask a questions that, for the majority of us old-timers, is bloody dang obvious or butt simple. Some of the responses are kind, helpful, and generally in good taste, but there are some more experienced members that seem to have grown tired of answering what are seen as repetitive, elemental questions. The responses from these experienced members usually refer to the forum search engine and admonish the noob for not trying the search first. I would ask that, even though the answers are simple for the more experienced, they are the Dark Arts to those that have no real experience.
In defense of noobs, I present my recent experience with the forum search engine and advanced search feature. My L2 build is requiring that I learn a number of these "Dark Arts" so I turned to the search feature. It was soon apparent that if you did not use proper phrasing or even the correct nomenclature, the searches give ya', nada, zero, ziltch, the big goose egg. Then having to sort through the massive list of results when the searches are successful is drudgery at best. I soon learned that rivets are not sheer pins, the term "ebay" did not produce results for only electronic bays, and I still haven't found a post on physically mounting electronics on avbay sleds. I'm not a newbie by any measure, but the trick is knowing enough to ask the right questions.

So, next time a newbie (or even a non newbie) pops up with a seemingly basic question, give them a little support and direction like proper search terms or correct terminology, instead scorn, reticule and derision.

(Geek hat off)

Adrian

Ah, okay... Yeah, Celtic Woman is the ONLY Christmas album I'll listen to.

Agree, they're very talented (and very attractive!)

Later! OL JR

Beat me to the punch. That's ok,,

Here ya go Jeff..

[YOUTUBE]tLXOMyZ4vIo[/YOUTUBE]

Here she is in Pacific Slope, Mairead is to Celtic Women what Angus Young is to AC-DC

[YOUTUBE]mefN5rswoJs[/YOUTUBE]

Ah, thanks for sharing...

They're wonderful... :) OL JR :)

FNG? That is funny. That is like "FLK" - "funny looking kid". It is a pediatrics term.

Back