I'm a build'n BLACK SAT. WILDMAN ROCKETS..4IN. VINDICATOR 1ST

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blackjack2564

Crazy Jim's Gone Banana's
Reaction score
That darn Tim Lehr TRICKED me!

The day I was leaving we staged a rocket or 2 for some pictures for his BS sale. Mostly holding parts together with tape and such just for the snapshots.

He asked me to finish building the Vindicator 4in. & write up some instructions.
I agreed, no problem....BUT....

Then I get home, start unloading my rocket box, & LO and BEHOLD, while I was sleeping that lo-down,underhanded Tim, snuck out to my truck and filled it UP with new BLACK SATURDAY kits! On top of that there is even new vinyl from Stickershock to deal with! Holy Cow!

What the heck am I supposed to do?
5 new kits to deal with.
Should I give them away?
Auction them off?
Offer them to others to help me get them done? Hmmmm decisions, decisions.

Then there's the note: Please have all done and painted for Xmas picture promo's!

So here it is, a mega pile of Kevlar, G-12, aluminum,glue & vinyl & the proto staged pic that started all this mess. " V" for Vindicator.
What to do. What to do.....

100_9896.jpg

attachment_2.jpg

Should I give them away?
Auction them off?
Offer them to others to help me get them done?

I could help with that!
Send me those kits! I would probably do an EMRR review, TRF build
thread and a RP build thread!

and, I do it all for free, yes that's right for free! BUT WAIT! There's
more! Send me 2 kits and you'll get 2 build threads, and two reviews! Supplies
are limited so act fast!

Kiddin'
Alex

Last edited:
I know someone in need of a 4" kit to make more wild than the mild kit...

Wow! What a sob story!

I'd be happy to help relieve some of your misery :wink:

I'm feeling your pain Jim. Just let us know if you need some help with those. With friends like that.....well I guess it's good to have friends like that.

Well finish building it , of course!

The proverbial parts shot first.

Spiral wound G-12 nose cone & matching coupler to be glued in for shoulder.
Bulk-plate for NC.
44in G-12 body tube, pre-slotted
22in Payload section
8in Coupler/Av-Bay
2 coupler bulkplates & 2 bulkplates to make av-bay lids
3 CR's for motor mount
54mm motor tube
3 forward G-10 plate fins
3 rear G-10 plate fins when mounted form the "V"

100_9623.jpg

What to do? Shut up, quitcherbitchen and get building!

Oh, and we expect the instructions for all kits to be completed and available for posting on the website by 12/4/2011. :grin:

-Kevin

Here's a peak at some more of the stuff I got pawned off on me.

Geesh he sure stuck me with enough stuff Huh?

First look at a nakeed ShapeShifter Jr

& a Wild Thang Jr. Yes Wild Thang not thing!

It's a Southern Thang!

Off course all of them Dual Deploy and G-12 with spiral wound NC's !

Now you guys that ordered 'em at least know what they will look like more [2 more kits] to come later

112411 010_2.jpg

wildthang jr.jpg

I think I will start parking at Tim's if he fill up the truck with goodies like that. I picked up a Vindicator at the BS sale and can't wait to get it. It looks like a great kit and was an amazing deal. Glad you are ding a build on it

Dan

The day I was leaving we staged a rocket or 2 for some pictures for his BS sale. Mostly holding parts together with tape and such just for the snapshots.

He asked me to finish building the Vindicator 4in. & write up some instructions.
I agreed, no problem....BUT....

Then I get home, start unloading my rocket box, & LO and BEHOLD, while I was sleeping that lo-down,underhanded Tim, snuck out to my truck and filled it UP with new BLACK SATURDAY kits! On top of that there is even new vinyl from Stickershock to deal with! Holy Cow!

5 new kits to deal with.
Should I give them away?
Auction them off?

Then there's the note: Please have all done and painted for Xmas picture promo's!

So here it is, a mega pile of Kevlar, G-12, aluminum,glue & vinyl & the proto staged pic that started all this mess. " V" for Vindicator.
What to do. What to do.....

Oh dang, it must really suck having all that stuff :tongue:

Jim said he's got some words for ya, something about him having to pay shipping for his order :grin:

Looks cool, I wanted to get one of those wild thang' kits, but we bought motors instead, you know, to fly the rockets we haven't flown yet...

If you feel like dropping the burden on someone else, I'll be a friend and take over for ya :wink:

Braden

Last edited:
Here's a peak at some more of the stuff I got pawned off on me.

Geesh he sure stuck me with enough stuff Huh?

First look at a nakeed ShapeShifter Jr

& a Wild Thang Jr. Yes Wild Thang not thing!

It's a Southern Thang!

Off course all of them Dual Deploy and G-12 with spiral wound NC's !

Now you guys that ordered 'em at least know what they will look like more [2 more kits] to come later

The Shape Shifter looks much cooler in the photo than in Rocksim. Has it actually shifted its shape?

The fins look like "shield" cut fletching for arrows...
9fa74c8c5457c57ec83257b01bd6_grande.jpg

...although I prefer shooting Pope&Young myself...
749_500_csupload_28918140.jpg

(those are mine :D )

I think I will start parking at Tim's if he fill up the truck with goodies like that. I picked up a Vindicator at the BS sale and can't wait to get it. It looks like a great kit and was an amazing deal. Glad you are ding a build on it

Yea no joke. I know who I am going to park next too at NERRF next year.

Zero interest in any of the new Wildman split fin kits--Shape Shifter yes, but Junior no--how about a Shape Shifter Mega?

Last edited:
The 4in Vindicator is already started so I must finish it 1st. BUT the other 4 I will leave up to you guys to decide.

Which one of these should I do next?

Shapeshifter Jr

WildThang Jr

SpaceCowboy 54 minimum dia. with airfoiled fins

Vindicator Jr

Pics of remaining choices

Space Cowboy :

Vindicator Jr.

Much as would love to take you up on all the kind offers I've had for help, word has come down from above.... I must suffer through this on my own. LoL

space cowboy 54.jpg

vindicator jr.jpg

Picture 4.png

Last edited:
The 4in Vindicator is already started so I must finish it 1st. BUT the other 4 I will leave up to you guys to decide.

Which one of these should I do next?

Shapeshifter Jr

WildThang Jr

SpaceCowboy 54 minimum dia. with airfoiled fins

Vindicator Jr

Pics of remaining choices

Space Cowboy :

Vindicator Jr.

I know it is your favorite but you should bring the Shapeshifter Jr. to O'burg next week and I will help you out with this huge amount of work! :rofl:

Seriously though, I can help if you need it. Love building these glass kits!!!

I agree on Space Cowboy - that looks like a pretty cool bird!

Of course a Vindicator Jr wouldn't be turned away (although i assume it will be eerily similar to a DarkStar "jr").

Dan

I parked at Tims and all I got was a sore shoulder from moving motors!:D

Wow I've definitely chosen the wrong career path. The only thing dumped in the back of my car are cases of beer. The best part is that I can't even make good use of them :(. Case of beer for space cowboy? That sounds like a good trade :wink:

5 new kits to deal with.
Should I give them away?
Auction them off?
Ill take one off your hands! :D

Share the wealth on that Space Cowboy! You have the original!

Yep, your correct on that mostly. The kit version is aimed at filling in the slot in the BlackHawk line which stops with the Blackhawk 38 right now.

SpaceCowboy will be the 54 minimum filling the next slot instead of a BH 54.

The Mongoose 54 is around 380.00 & the S C is about 100 bucks cheaper I think.

The original was my special project & performed so well with the airfoiled fins, Tim decided to kit it.
It fit's right in being a new leading performance rocket, the only one I know of ever to come standard with airfoiled fins.
It will also have black anodized aluminum bulkplates with holes threaded for eyebolts, tie rods & the ejection charge holders that are threaded to hold the BP's in place.
Black high temp epoxy, fin guides, Kevlar & spiral wound cone are also standard.
I did not have the luxury of that cone being available at the time I built mine.
The airframe will also be a couple inches longer than mine, so builders can fit larger motors in without fighting it like I did. Or cut a few inches off if going for Xteme record flights.

I'll post all the final details when I do the build.
So far it looks like ya'll want to see that one next.

Ya might even see a 75 version with airfoiled fins if this one does as well as the sale indicates.
Those fins do drive the cost up quite a bit do to the machining it takes to make them. But the performance is worth it. Just goes to show you don't always need carbon to get kick butt performance.

It ain't your everyday rocket for just anyone. Ya should have a couple under your belt before this one. Real attention to detail is required to squeeze out it's total capabilities.

The real deal for those looking for something on the cutting edge.

Back