I-max load for Pro38 5 grain case?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcusSRG

Reaction score
Why isn't there an Imax load for the CTI Pro38 5 grain case? There must be a good reason for it...that would be a great little J motor. Jeroen, are you around to answer this?:D

Why isn't there an Imax load for the CTI Pro38 5 grain case? There must be a good reason for it...that would be a great little J motor. Jeroen, are you around to answer this?:D

The reason is probably that it probably would be less reliable.

Also, it would probably still be an I, because the core would have to be gigantic.

This makes me want an I1600 or thereabouts, Warp Nine, for the AT 38/600 case (of course I still have yet to fire off my I1299...).

The reason is probably that it probably would be less reliable.

Also, it would probably still be an I, because the core would have to be gigantic.

This makes me want an I1600 or thereabouts, Warp Nine, for the AT 38/600 case (of course I still have yet to fire off my I1299...).

He said Imax, not Vmax.
I would assume, CTI just hasnt done it yet. Patience, CTI seems to come out with new motors every week!

Last edited:
Yes, IMAX, not VMAX. But CarVac, I believe you are correct about why a Vmax isn't in that case.

Oops, yeah. Imax.

I actually like Imax for its appearance rather than its performance; I think it's the coolest smoky motor around. I mean seriously, with a green flame and fairly large amounts of smoke, what more could you want?

Personally, I'd want a 38-3grain Imax, since that's more in line with what I'd be willing to spend. The 29mm H87 is just a bit too wimpy-looking for my tastes.

I just have a 5g case, that's why I'm curious. An Imax in that case would definitely be more beefy than the 3-6% baby Js currently available. It would still be a baby but maybe over 10%.

Last edited:
Back