How To - AV bay in Sirius Interrogator G

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott231

Reaction score
I'm building a Sirius Rocketry Interrogator G and would like to use the Archetype Cable Cutter. As such, it will be motor ejection for the [added] deployment bag. Instructions are to add an altimeter inside the nose cone but this rocket uses a balsa nose cone that isn't necessarily conducive to being hollowed-out. I was thinking of incorporating an AV bay by adding it on to the bottom of the nose cone, somehow.

Maybe whittle down the diameter of the nc shoulder and gluing on a coupler with a bulkhead? Is this do-able or is there a better way?

Maybe whittle down the diameter of the nc shoulder and gluing on a coupler with a bulkhead? Is this do-able or is there a better way?
Why not just cut the upper part of the BT and make it into a small payload section with a coupler and bulkhead? No need to cut the cone up.

That makes sense. I was trying to avoid another break in the airframe but I would guess that is a common technique with DD rockets. Thanks!

That makes sense. I was trying to avoid another break in the airframe...
You could probably attach a piece of smaller-OD BT to the base of the cone, maybe by cutting into the cone a bit.

Attach a coupler tube to the base of the nosecone to act as an avionics bay.

Back