How much do hybrids REALLY cost?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eggplant

L3 | NAR 93664, TRA 17791
Reaction score
On a 29mm H hybrid engine, how much would the nitrous cost? I know that is vague, but I just want a general estimate. Thanks!

Nitrous prices vary greatly -- when I was flying them, it could be anywhere from $3 to $6 per pound.

Where you purchase it, and how, makes a great deal of difference. I originally was filling a 20lb bottle, which meant it cost me about $4.50 per pound.

Then, our club started flying more, so a friend leased a K bottle. He paid about $3/pound, but had to factor in annual bottle lease, so how much we used in a year affected the cost per pound quite a bit. If we only used one bottle a year, it stayed at about $4.50/pound. If we used more, it would've dropped.

-Kevin

At our launches we charge $3/lb. When I purchase for my own use, the price is about $1.25ish a pound, in K sized bottles.

Edward

So, about how much nitrous does a SRS 29mm H need? Thanks!

I have an Rattworks H70. I do not consider it very cost effective in comparrison to solid H motors. But, when you get into the larger J plus motors Hybrids are very cost effective.

If you factor in the mass of the flight hardware; you get even less performance out of it...
Ideally; They don't pan out unless you are doing really big hybrids.

JD

I have an Rattworks H70. I do not consider it very cost effective in comparrison to solid H motors. But, when you get into the larger J plus motors Hybrids are very cost effective.

Back