How do you stage clusters?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you have any idea how expensive a GPS tracking system is? :y: They supposedly work great, but wow, what a major investment! :eek:

MarkII

Do you have any idea how expensive a GPS tracking system is? :y: They supposedly work great, but wow, what a major investment! :eek:

MarkII

Believe me, it's worth it (if you fly high). I launched my AMRAAM to 17,250 feet last October, didn't see deployment or landing, and still had it back to the car within half an hour.

Believe me, it's worth it (if you fly high). I launched my AMRAAM to 17,250 feet last October, didn't see deployment or landing, and still had it back to the car within half an hour.
Well, I guess if you are going to send a rocket more than 3 miles into the sky, then it makes sense. ;) I have read that they work very well, so that after you drain your kid's college fund and your retirement account to pay for it, you do get a good product. :D

MarkII

It's only around $650 for the complete setup that I use (yeah, I know, "only" $650), with the transmitter that goes in the rocket costing around $100-$150 (the rest is the handheld receiver). As GPS goes, that isn't bad at all IMO, and it will easily pay for itself if it prevents me from losing a single large rocket with a casing and electronics.

But I'm SURE markII would rather spend the money straping lasers to sharks heads:D

Back