How about this for Kevlar(r) shock cord?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hpreric

Reaction score
I have been looking for deals on kevlar cord too. This appears to be a good deal so I just went ahead and placed an order for 100 ft. with free shipping. I will let you know what I think of it.

As a secondary question, what kind of kite would need a 1500 lb line?

As a secondary question, what kind of kite would need a 1500 lb line?

A *REALLY* Impressive one..... One i'd like to see. And let's hope the poor guy flying it is tied to the ground!

Actually, check out their site.... they have some pretty insane kites. It also looks like a great place to get Carbon Fiber rod for things like fin reinforcement.

A *REALLY* Impressive one..... One i'd like to see. And let's hope the poor guy flying it is tied to the ground!

Actually, check out their site.... they have some pretty insane kites. It also looks like a great place to get Carbon Fiber rod for things like fin reinforcement.

My first thought was what kind of geek pays $200+ for a kite ... then I remembered my rocket collection ...

images.jpg

I had a Friend in the Army that was into Kite-Boarding. It's like surfing on a Snowboard on Water while using a Kite to pull you around and allow you to jump really high into the Air. That Kite Site has "Lifters" listed as a class of Kite. I assume that's like the kind used for Kite-Boarding.
Then, I got to looking at some of the other Kites and now I want a Red and Black "Power Kite", whatever that is?

Check out this Kite! It can fly without any Wind!

https://www.emmakites.com/70-indoor-floating-zero-wind-delta-kite-with-flying-line-pc31_p371.html

Oh, and the "Lifters" on this Kite Site are used to fly "Line Laundry". Things like Cows and other weird stuff that attaches to the Line for Display.
I see a Kite in my Future. Perhaps a Kite with a Rocket that shoots up the Line.....:confused:

Or, a Kite the Fires Rockets!!! Fireworks are legal here, so theorhetically I could fire Bottle Rockets from the Kite, and it would have no bearing whatsoever on Hobby Model Rocketry, so safety rules would not apply!
A simple Radio Control will initiate the Firing. It's on!!!

Last edited:
Check out their ball bearing snap swivels under lines/accessories.

Check out this Kite! It can fly without any Wind!

https://www.emmakites.com/70-indoor-floating-zero-wind-delta-kite-with-flying-line-pc31_p371.html

Oh, and the "Lifters" on this Kite Site are used to fly "Line Laundry". Things like Cows and other weird stuff that attaches to the Line for Display.
I see a Kite in my Future. Perhaps a Kite with a Rocket that shoots up the Line.....:confused:

Or, a Kite the Fires Rockets!!! Fireworks are legal here, so theorhetically I could fire Bottle Rockets from the Kite, and it would have no bearing whatsoever on Hobby Model Rocketry, so safety rules would not apply!
A simple Radio Control will initiate the Firing. It's on!!!

I'll bet I could fly my Keychain Camera from a Kite too.

I'll bet I could fly my Keychain Camera from a Kite too.
I once flew my altimeter one and a keychain camera on a cheap walmart kite.... It was so high I couldn't even see the kite anymore....what a video! Highly recommended.

Also, thanks for the "kevlarstore" link. I've been needing a good source for that, I'm almost out of the smaller stuff.

I know the title says "Aramid" but all of the vendors I Googled says it is polyester. Does polyester have the same heat resistance as Kevlar(r)?

I know the title says "Aramid" but all of the vendors I Googled says it is polyester. Does polyester have the same heat resistance as Kevlar(r)?

NEPTCO makes both polyester and aramid Muletape. They're different products. Aramid is the heat resistant one.

Well, I haven't tried that place's kevlar yet. However, when I looked at their site after this thread started, I saw some kite supplies that I wanted and at a good price. My package from them just arrived so the shipping speed was acceptable. The quality is no better than the cheap kites you find in Wally world and similar stores. However, that doesn't mean that it won't fly. For line laundry, that shouldn't be an issue. However, I think I will keep with my usual vendors for kite line and kevlar cord.

Back