Hopefully last update 1/31/14Prayers requested post 46

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All prayers appreciated and felt
Sean is stable, and breathing on his own. Clear liquid diet.
Surgery 1 right thigh fracture 2 hours
Surgery 2 burns with cadaver grafts 2 hours
Surgery 3 left humerus and elbow and wrist 12 hours
There is nerve damage in the arm.
Still no police report on accident.
Got my wife a hotel in Memphis via hot-wire, she got upgraded to penthouse and concierge service, so the people in Memphis have been wonderful.

Still has one more big surgery, tomorrow they have to take put the bent rod from previous surgery and re fix old fracture and fix new fracture.

Again, thanx for the prayers.

Tom

That's much better news than your opening post. Good to hear he's stable.
As for the police report.....dunno. Usually the police are pretty quick on getting information out to the parties involved, but it's only been 2 days.

Keep your chin up!

I'm glad to see a positive update! It has been years ago but my sister was in a serious accident with similar severity of injuries minus burns. It was a challenging time for us as she recovered. Every day seemed to bring new challenges along with new victories. She spent quite a long time in the hospital because of a broken hip but that time is now thirty years behind us and she is riding my behind, trying to shame me into joining her in a triathlon. I have no doubt that the prayers and support from our family and friends made a difference in her recovery. Keep us updated and I'll keep praying.

Best wishes for your son, Tom. It's hard for a family to go thru this type of trauma too, so take care of yourself and wife also. He'll need you most on the road to recovery. Comfort, warmth and peace, my brother.

Best wishes for your son, Tom. It's hard for a family to go thru this type of trauma too, so take care of yourself and wife also. He'll need you most on the road to recovery. Comfort, warmth and peace, my brother.

+100

Good morning Tom,

Fellow rocketeer from Memphis. Please PM me let me know if you or your wife need anything while in Memphis and I'd be glad to do what I can.

Prayers for your son and Family,
Dale
All prayers appreciated and felt
Sean is stable, and breathing on his own. Clear liquid diet.
Surgery 1 right thigh fracture 2 hours
Surgery 2 burns with cadaver grafts 2 hours
Surgery 3 left humerus and elbow and wrist 12 hours
There is nerve damage in the arm.
Still no police report on accident.
Got my wife a hotel in Memphis via hot-wire, she got upgraded to penthouse and concierge service, so the people in Memphis have been wonderful.

Still has one more big surgery, tomorrow they have to take put the bent rod from previous surgery and re fix old fracture and fix new fracture.

Again, thanx for the prayers.

Tom

Dunno how I missed this thread earlier...

Sean is added to my Prayers today.

God Bless!
Jim

Sean had his last (hopefully) relative immediate surgery (#6) over the weekend, autologous skin grafts (take from one site of Sean to another site of Sean.) They take a kind of "mesh" so they leave some skin behind to heal. The donor sites are pretty painful for a few days (the skin graft donor site doesn't like having 50% of it's surface sliced off, even if it is for a good cause--- go figure!) but he is hanging in there.

Probably will get moved out of critical care today.

Thanks for the prayers and encouragement.

Tom

Thank God,,,,,,,,
Prayers have been daily,,,,,,,,,,
They will continue.........
For you and your wife and family as well,,,,,,,,,
It's not easy being in a hospital bed,,,,,,,
Or next to one..............

Teddy

Thanks for the update. Will continue to keep in mind.

Hopefully final update.
Sean is now at local rehab hospital, weight bearing as tolerated on both legs and basically relearning to walk straight. His arm is about 80% recovered! really a miracle given that initially two of the three forearm and hand nerves where almost completely out. Burns are almost completely healed although he will probably have a "waffle butt" for a while from the skin grafts.

Still a long road on many levels, but wanted to say thanks for all the prayers and good wishes.

Tom

That's great news Tom! Thanks for the update.
I have a friend who had similar skin grafts done. It takes a while for the full healing process, but the results can be excellent.
Continued prayers for Sean.

That is wonderful news Tom,,,,,,,,
Time will go by,,,,,,,,
so fast you won't believe it,,,,,,,,
this will be behind all of you...........

Again Tom,,,,
My greatest prayers and thoughts for you and your family..........

Teddy

Back