HidroMAX Water Rocket Launching system

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hidromax

Reaction score
After many years of R&D we are going to go online on Kickstarter next month to raise capital for our new water rocket launch system - the HidroMAX. We have just set up a FB page so you can all get an idea of what this product will do. Please go there and we would very much appreciate your comments and feedback at this time.
www.facebook.com/hidromaxrocket

(Website to be up and runnig soon)

We will let you know when the Kickstarter program is live!

James Gibbs
HidroMAX Water Rockets

Please tell us more about your TiltMAX parachute system. Any application for model rocketry?

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Good question - yes for sure the TiltMAX can be used with any model rocket - currently it senses and angle of 60 degrees from vertical. The 3D printed prototype weighs in at 150g - be happy to work with anybody so we can design the peripheral hardware needed to mound our module and eject the parachute as I am sure you don't want to use PET bottles in your rockets...? We tried two different configurations, a nose eject system and a side eject. The side eject worked better with PET bottles though possibly going back to nose eject might be better for you guys. Our eject module can be configured to do just about anything.

After sorting out a few gremlins, the recovery system now is proven to be nearly 100% reliable at the tests that have been running both here and at the Kennedy Space Center. We still have a few failures cos all the prototypes are 3D printed, and though this has proven to be totally amazing technology for developing our systems (e.g. withstanding pressures up to 130psi) it of course is not as strong and as perfect as a final manufactured product. This, of course, we hope to fix with Kickstarter (plan A) or otherwise in the coming months.

- James

Please tell us more about your TiltMAX parachute system. Any application for model rocketry?

Sent from my iPad using Rocketry Forum

Absolutely - would like to post again when we go live with the Kickstarter program - happy to hear you say this - thank you.

James

Back