Hey, RStaff...

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PGerringer

Ruler of Heck
Reaction score
Hey dude, quick question. I saw on your profile that you are the maintainer of Nick's Rocksim rocket motor libraries. Have you ever come across Animal Motor Works motor libraries? I have a small one but would like to have a complete one.

I actually keep his recommended motors database (manufacturer's recommended motors for their kits). I have sent Nick a motors file or two, but he gathers most of them himself.

As for your actual question, I haven't seen any Animal motor files. If you have any, you should email them to Nick :)

Long story: I got a eng file from AMW which came from one of their "users". I guess I should get permission before I spread it around.

So you don't maintain the ENG files? Well, what good are ya? :D Just kidding. Mark Brown has a really good collection of ENG files. Wonder if it is synced with Nick's. I'm also looking for the Armageddon M Hypertek ENG file as we type.

That's OK, my wife says I'm useless too ;)

I think the Hyperteck file on EMRR may have the M.

Yea, you should be careful about using that data. I got y'all in trouble when I cross posted a message. Of course it had also been sent to RMR (from the horse's mouth) before they asked you to take it off here....don't want to piss anyone off, you never know who will have to witness your L3....

This brings to mind an interesting question: How do I send my RocSim motor library back to it's original, pristine self? Like a moron, I was looking for the E9 files and I installed every file in existence on ThrustCurve.org in the hopes that I'd get 'em, since for some reason I can't download individual ones from there. This actually ends up being rather annoying, as the original Rsim .ENG files have all the delays put in there all nice and tidy-like and none of the files I've downloaded do that.

I don't have RS but...
Couldn't you just restore the original .eng file from disk? Or is that too far back?

Might be able to. If I can find the disk. I wasn't sure if the .eng files were compressed on the disk, and if so, what method was used. Right now, my computer decides to write to the CD-RW on alternate days that don't start with a T and don't coincide with the full moon, new moon, or any of the equinoxes. I don't want to try a full reinstallation, as a) I would probably be installing a slightly older version than I downloaded and b) I have some .RKT files that I'd want to save to CD before I did it. The timing just hasn't been right and I was hoping there was an easier way to do it.

Back