Hey, from North Texas

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome Pete. What kit did you build ? And what kit will your wife build ? :)
Thanks.
I built a Big Daddy after seeing video of some club having a BD contest. It looked like fun and I liked the silhouette.
The Mrs built something as a school kid and watches launch videos with me so its up to her... but Ill prolly try to steer her towards something with a fins section as part of the kit. Hook her with the thrill of a flight before involving too much work building. Who knows, maybe she'll like building.

That Big Daddy is well-known for turning into a rocket-powered dart. The forum has a bunch of threads about people modifying the nose so that it deploys properly instead of leaking gas. Maybe consider a modification for safety.

Nice. My choice as well when I returned to the fold in 2006.

bar_big_daddy.jpg

It's been a good flyer for me without modification. And nothing wrong with a good ready or almost ready to fly model for your wife or you.

That Big Daddy is well-known for turning into a rocket-powered dart. The forum has a bunch of threads about people modifying the nose so that it deploys properly instead of leaking gas. Maybe consider a modification for safety.

Attachments

• BDNC.jpg
    BDNC.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 0
Im Pete and Im a recently retired machinist/A&P mechanic. Ive built my first Estes kit in over 50 years and Im very reluctant to fly it.
Also looking forward to attending my first launch this weekend in Gunter... with the wife.
You sure you're from North Texas? Usually Texans say "Howdy!"

(Texas ex-pat living in Georgia)

Gig'em!

(Didn't go to A&M, but my oldest sister, her husband, and their son all went.)

Know what a Longhorn calls an Aggie two years after graduation?

"Boss."

Most commonly spoken phrase by UT graduates?

"You want fries with that?"
My son, a UT grad, would say just the opposite. He’s got stories to go with it.

And he’s an aerospace engineer, so he’s seen things.

Partisanship is a terrible thing.

Tony

My son, a UT grad, would say just the opposite. He’s got stories to go with it.

And he’s an aerospace engineer, so he’s seen things.

Partisanship is a terrible thing.

Tony
But, Aggie jokes are a wonderful thing!

Two Aggies were walking down the street when they see two UT grads on the other side. First Aggies says, "Hey! I've got some firecrackers! Why don't we throw them across the street at the Longhorns and scare them?"

The Longhorns lit them, and threw them back.

Back