Help with the History of Model Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigander

Reaction score
Ok need some help here,
I have an engineering project where we have to decide on an invention, research it and follow it through all of it's innovations and make a 3-5 minute presentation on it. Of course i decided model rocketry. I have some material here (our library is limited :() So does anyone have any useful internet resources that would help me on my path of discovery. I do know about the earliest beginnings with the Chinese, and there's some rough info up until around the 19th-20th century. What I need help is when things such as Estes and Quest came (good details), aerotech, and I'll include other stuff such as the NAR and TRA. Plus any photos or short vids (< 30 secs. and full file) that anyone is willing to allow me to use with permission would be helpful.

If you are looking for a 'paper' based reference about the history of hobby rocketry, LAUNCH magazine has had several articles about the origins of the hobby.

Sport Rocketry magazine had a three part interview with Vern and Gleda Estes about the history of the compnay they founded.

The Handbook of Model Rocketry contains some information on the history of the hobby.

I do have some paper materials, I was looking more for some internet sites as i figured there are some here that kno the links by heart. Thank you for the help!

Back