Hello

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SURESHOT

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just found this forum and joined up cause I'm eger to learn. I used to shoot estes rockets off all the time when I was a kid. Back then it was as simple as gluing the fins on, spray painting it, and shootingit off. Now 19 years later I'm getting back into it. I really want to build some fine looking detailed rockets. I just put together a Quest harpoon, and have found a few answers to my questions on this forum. Now that I'm older building them is almost as much fun as flying them.

Hello and welcome. Rocketry is much more fun the second or even third time around. I find the older I get the more patient I am and the better I build. I think I might enjoy building even more than flying the rockets.

You will find a great deal of info here on the forum and everyone is very eager to be helpful.

Welcome aboard! Yee be at the right place for advice and answers.
*where is a pirate icon when you need one*

And yes, building rockets is as much or more fun than flying them.

I'm all about the build these days and I love having tools we never had as kids to work with. Welcome to TRF.

Welcome to the forum! I too have learned a lot here, and have had rockets critiques by experts.

As far as making your rockets look nice, I would recommend looking at some of the advanced construction videos at Apogee Components. They also have a biweekly newsletter that is rocketry bases, and many of them have very good build tips.

They also carry a large selection of supplies, reviews, and rockets. Whats more, their service is second to none. If you have ANY questions, call them.

They truly are sincere about helping people, not just making profits. Good luck!

As a recent B.A.R. myself - welcome! Read some of the technique threads - they will blow your mind. I am currently taking time with a fun build and doing it all slowly. use the primer, use the filler pick a direction and go - there is a new joy in rocketry that comes with age and patience.

Welcome to the forum! I too have learned a lot here, and have had rockets critiques by experts.

As far as making your rockets look nice, I would recommend looking at some of the advanced construction videos at Apogee Components. They also have a biweekly newsletter that is rocketry bases, and many of them have very good build tips.

They also carry a large selection of supplies, reviews, and rockets. Whats more, their service is second to none. If you have ANY questions, call them.

They truly are sincere about helping people, not just making profits. Good luck!
Thank you Sir,
those videos are just what I needed

Welcome to the asylum where the inmates are all rocketeers.

You should be a little more specific where you live in Az as there are a number of Arizona rocketeers and you may be able to attend a launch or a club meeting.

There's nothing like the smell of black powder and AP in the morning to get the rocket jones going.

Welcome! I too am finding a love for the build, especially scratch builds. I just can't stop building rockets!

Welcome to TRF and welcome BACK to rocketry :)

Dig right in, and just so ya know, we love pix of what yer working on :)

jim

Hi Sureshot!
Welcome aboard!
I agree, building can be as much fun as flying them.

Stop by my website:
www.howtobuildmodelrockets.20m.com
There's a lot of information there to bring you up to speed about some of the changes in LPR that came up during the time I was away from rocketry.
(Kevlar, Carpenter's Wood Filler, that sort of thing.)

Bottom line, have fun.

Welcome to TRF and back to rocketry.Im a BAR also. I have to say,finding TRF has really made getting back into rockets alot more fun and interesting. GREAT group of people here.And a very very wide range of knowledge. Have fun.

Welcome to TRF and welcome back -- May your adhesives hold and your colours run true--- In other words --LET THE GLUE LAY AND THE PAINT SPRAY BABY THIS IS what building is all about

and then there is the sanding....Welcome back Sureshot! (Some things NEVER change!) Up in the air, Junior Bird Men! (u toob that if you're too young to know the tune!)

Hey Sureshot, I'm new to rocketry and loving all aspects of it so far. I have been to the last two SSS launches and had a great time. Great people and great rockets. I will definitely be at the October GHS Launch. I look forward to meeting you there.

Che

October launch = G Harry Stine (google him). Pack yer rockets, a tent, sleeping bag cooler and stay the weekend.

Latest posts

Back