Hello from Chester Springs

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choco_mint

Extremely Lucky (so far)
Reaction score
Hey everyone!!

I'm a 17 year-old from the greater Philadelphia area, and I've building rockets for about 2 years now. I've successfully custom-built and flown nearly 20 LPR rockets, and successfully flown 5 custom MPRs. I'm starting out my journey with HPR with a self-designed rocket designed to get me both my L1 and L2 certs, and then once I get my L3, I should be able to fly some experimental motors that a friend of mine has been whipping up on it. While it definitely isn't the easiest or most optimal route into HPR, I'm having fun with the journey of building a Dual-Deploy capable rocket as my first HPR! (happy to report that my first test flight of the rocket using an electronic deployment was successful! I flew it on an Aerotech G40W to 600 feet). My next steps from here will be getting my L1 and L2 certs, then converting some of my MPRs to handle some bigger motors (they were designed with the ability to fly L1 and L2 motors sometime down the line). I will try to post updates as I go, to report on my successes (and inevitably, failures).

Looking forwards to interacting with you all soon!

Welcome! I'm originally from West Chester but now I'm just north of Pottstown, so I know your stomping grounds just a little. You need to get yourself down to MDRA, sounds like it ought to be your next step!

Welcome! I'm very close to you, and I'll second the invite to come down to MDRA, it's a great place to fly and watch rockets.

Welcome to the party Choco_mint ! Greetings from a Norristown PA expat. Years (and years and years and...) ago we flew at Valley Forge in the field under the Anthony Wayne statue.

1674078935889.png

You might want to check out the PARA club over in Ottsville. http://www.para520.com/

Wow! never knew they used to allow rocketry in the state park!! I mean now that VFSS has been granted an FAA Exemption from TFRs and the like, it might be worth looking into whether the site can be used for rocketry as well. PARA seems like a good club for me to launch my MPRs, thanks for the tip!

Wow! never knew they used to allow rocketry in the state park!! I mean now that VFSS has been granted an FAA Exemption from TFRs and the like, it might be worth looking into whether the site can be used for rocketry as well. PARA seems like a good club for me to launch my MPRs, thanks for the tip!
Definitely worth looking into especially if the Signal Seekers are still operating there. The park is national now where it was state when I was last on that field in 1972. That's the only difference I can see.

Back