HED on a 7.5" Loc V2?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sleestak

Reaction score
I am looking to drag the largest box off of my build pile, finally. I am wondering if it is possible to do HED with the RNWS in place? Otherwise, is there a better or different option for dual deploy on this airframe?

You could do it, but will require a bit of work given the nosecone. With a LOC cone, you will need to insert a tube in the nosecone, then attach your av bay setup at the base of the tube. Probably either a 4 or 5.5 inch tube. Use two part foam to set it into the nosecone.

I have a 7.5" V2. It goes about 3500 ft on K550. Pop at the top, 7 ft parasheet. It doesn't drift far. But I fly it on calm days at wide launch sites. Good enough.

I am looking to drag the largest box off of my build pile, finally. I am wondering if it is possible to do HED with the RNWS in place? Otherwise, is there a better or different option for dual deploy on this airframe?
Loc has a redesigned ebay which works on this and the 7.5 Phoenix where you can build the bay with one end recessed in for more chute space. I plan to build one in the next month or so.

Doughnut e-bay.
Cut your airframe in half.
7.5 coupler, 7.5 stiffy, (2) 7.5 x 4 centering rings.
Your longer motors will pass though the e-bay, done this on a lot of fat stubbies. Dremel or sand the 7.5 x 4 CR’s for a very loose fit on a 98 motor

Back