• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Have Semroc Saturn 1B will trade for upscale Mars Lander

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WillMarchant

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I have an unopened Semroc Mars Lander, but that is probably not in the right scale.

I have an unopened Semroc Saturn 1B (https://www.semroc.com/store/scripts/RocketKits.asp?SKU=KS-1) that I would like to trade for an unopened upscale Mars Lander.

The retail on the Semroc kit was $US95. One recently (https://www.semroc.com/store/scripts/RocketKits.asp?SKU=KS-1) went on eBay for ~$US188.

The 1.6x Tango Papa kit is currently retailing at $US100. Or I'd be interested in chatting about the larger upscales from various vendors.

Please send a PM if interested.

Thanks!

Do you have the eBay link showing that it sold for $188? I just see this link is to the SEMROC site.

At those prices with my Semroc Saturn 1B..... Build or sell......Hmmm........ Build.
At my age I think having fun is more important than stashing money away so others can blow it when I'm gone.:wink:

I sold a Semroc Saturn 1B recently for 127.50. Put it on at the wrong time, one had just ended about a week before. After Semroc decided the were closing down, the Saturn 1Bs were going for as much or more than the Apogee kit that is much more detailed. It is all what the collector is willing to pay. Personally I am with you Race 58, I don't buy with the intent on investment. Having fun is more important, you really don't know how much time we have. Have fun while you are able.

I know that you can no longer get the SB from SEMROC anymore, but I myself would be hard pressed to spend that kind of money on that kit with some of the issues people have had with it. Apogee sells one for more, but I think the quality is exceptional. I guess its whatever the market will bear. As far as th
e upscale Mars Lander the only one I've seen was $500 someone did a build thread on it on this forum...sweet kit

Rumor has it that Semroc has been sold, but no one seems to know who too.

You rumor seems to be true.
I was talking to some folks Monday who have been involved in this hobby for a very long time and they said the same thing, They went on to say that the deal is all but finished but I cannot remember who they said was buying it.
They are usually right in what they say and are very well informed.

We all hope that it is true.

Sorry, guys. If the company has been purchased, I didn't know anything about it. There has been interest from a few but no papers have been signed.

Sheryl

Sheryl,

Thanks for the update. It is best to put rumors to bed before they get completely out of hand. Best wishes to you and your family!

Sorry, guys. If the company has been purchased, I didn't know anything about it. There has been interest from a few but no papers have been signed.

Sheryl

Sheryl

Oh well those guys sure have ruined their creditability with me. "Once shame on them twice shame on me"
Needless to say I will not make that mistake again with them. Sorry :facepalm:

Take care Sheryl and hope all is well with you.

Ed

I have both Mars Landers from Tango Papa. Both are still in the box, but mixed together. I'll never get to them. I'll send a pm later.

Adrian

Sheryl

There is an unconfirmed rumor that a deal is in the works with E-Rockets. Saw it on the NAR page on Facebook last night. It was mentioned in a thread that another prominent vendor confirmed in the thread. Is something in the works? I only ask cause I love Semroc products and want to see the company live on.

Thanks!!!

Back