Has anyone used this for recovery?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like to know how that turns out. Now that I am spending $50 for a rocket I'm thinking I need something to increase my chances of recovery.

I have two on order. I have heard very good reviews and several people that have used them. For the price, it is a good investment.

I've never used this one, but I do own one of X-Solves and it's the best thing you can put into a rocket. I just orderd two of these smaller one's, I'm really excited about being able to put them in smaller rockets. I'm just wondering if it will be as loud as my X-solve Trans-Beeper. I'v heard my Trans-Beeper from 3200 ft. at apogee and on thre ground you can hear it from about 300 yrds or so away. it's a very very usefull tool.
If I get the Micro-Beepers be for my next launch at MIS I'll post my feelings on how it works.

If you guys are talking about the Pratt Hobbies Micro-Beacon, let me warn ya, the battery for the durn thing costs all of $1.00!!!!

Let's see, it's not very LOUD, but it WARBLES, if you have any hearing problems, that actually can be bad, but for the most part, I seldom send up anything big without it. And we have acres and acres of mostly FLAT, wide open space for recovery.

Again, I have a tough time hearing it unless my head is turned the right way, but when in TALL grass, or just over the next bluff, the kids hear it fine! So, for a total of less than $20.00 to save an expensive mpr and rms, yep, it's worth the money!

Just my two cents.

:)

I too would be interested in knowing what everybody thinks of this item. I'm working on my first mid-power rocket and being the first, I'd really like to hang on to it for a while!!

Latest posts

Back