Happy Fathers Day to Me!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pem Tech

Notorious Member
Reaction score
Saturday the wife baked my favorite cookies, told me to pack an overnight bag and get all my affairs in order. Not sure whether to be excited or on a bus to Tijuana.
Well, it was a good surprise. We spent the night in a Titan II missile silo at Titan Ranch!
Whahoo! This is so cool! Happy Father's day to me. Anyone who has read about the Titan silo accident in Damascus Arkansas will understand why it is so exciting.
You live and sleep in the Command Center which has a master bedroom on the upper level, living/sleeping on the 2nd and a kitchen/party room on the 1st floor. There is even access to the emergency escape tunnel to the surface.
No access to the silo, maybe they will clean it out someday.
1.jpeg2.jpeg3.jpeg4.jpeg5.jpeg6.jpeg7.jpeg8.jpeg9.jpeg10.jpeg11.jpeg12.jpeg13.jpeg14.jpeg15.jpeg16.jpeg17.jpeg18.jpeg19.jpeg20.jpeg21.jpeg22.jpeg23.jpeg24.jpeg

If my wife took me there, I would have had made her play out the opening scene of WarGames.

“Sir, we are at launch. Turn your key!” Click. “TURN YOUR KEY, sir!”

Way Cool...!! Most excellent Fathers Day present.
Titan Ranch added to my bucket list.

Of course now you will need to check off at least 10 items on your amazing wife's "Honey-Do List".... enjoy :)

If my wife took me there, I would have had made her play out the opening scene of WarGames.

“Sir, we are at launch. Turn your key!” Click. “TURN YOUR KEY, sir!”

It was SO cool. Too bad all the consoles and equipment were removed, it be great to be able to turn the key. Speaking of which, did you see the authentic launch key in the display box? Squeeeeeee!

Edit: That photo has not been uploaded yet. Apologies, it will be soon.

Way Cool...!! Most excellent Fathers Day present.
Titan Ranch added to my bucket list.

Of course now you will need to check off at least 10 items on your amazing wife's "Honey-Do List".... enjoy :)
It was a most wonderful father's day gift. She hit all the right buttons, military hardware, missiles, history and more...
She is most wonderful.

Back