Happy Birthday Rebar

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocket Al

Reaction score
I know there may be a few folks that might be a bit touchy, but I'd like to throw a birthday greeting out to Rebar. I made many a fine purchase from this retailer without a problem (as well as many other folks did, I would assume) and wish him the best in getting out of whatever misfortune may have fallen upon him, and the best in getting back on his feet again.

At this point, I would be interested in knowing about some of the good experiences you may have had with this particular vendor. When a person does a good job, one rarely hears the praises sung about it, but screw up once, and the person "wronged" will shout their complaint out to evryone within hearing distance.

I'll be first. Have purchased hundreds of dollars in merchandise from Rebar over about a two year period (including ordering a set of the Zooch Saturns during the preorder deal, knowing full well it would be a month or two before they arrived....) and everything always showed up as expected. If Doug were to open up again tomorrow, I would probably order again the day after. But that's just me....

AL

Originally posted by Rocket Al
If Doug were to open up again tomorrow, I would probably order again the day after. But that's just me....

AL

Based on what I've read, it might be just you. ;)

At this point, I would be interested in knowing about some of the good experiences you may have had with this particular vendor. When a person does a good job, one rarely hears the praises sung about it, but screw up once, and the person "wronged" will shout their complaint out to evryone within hearing distance.

The Rebar fiasco is not over.... Check out his ebay feedback for the last month. His eBay store is up and running, and receiving negative feedback.

https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=rebar_rocketry&items=25

Before you throw out praises for rebar, consider that your recommendation is a reflection of you. I'd hold off until Rebar is back on his feet and is providing customer service before I'd stick my neck out.

I hope Doug had a good birthday.... everyone needs a good birthday.

When a person does a good job, one rarely hears the praises sung about it, but screw up once, and the person "wronged" will shout their complaint out to evryone within hearing distance.

Rest assured it was more than one "wronged" person.

Best wishes to Doug and Rebar. Here's hoping that there is light at the end of this very long tunnel :)

When a person does a good job, one rarely hears the praises sung about it, but screw up once, and the person "wronged" will shout their complaint out to evryone within hearing distance.

I have to disagree with this, especially considering that we're talking about TRF. One thing I've noticed around here is how willing people are to be fair about the kind of service they recieve from vendors, good or bad. Whenever someone asks who I've dealt with that I considered worth dealing with again, I pony up. HobbyLinc, BMS, Red Arrow, Great Lakes, Semroc, FlisKits, Squirrel Works, Excelsior, and Thrustline are always at the front of the list of vendors that I'd recommend without reservation. This doesn't mean that there aren't other vendors out there that provide capable service. It just means that I haven't dealt with them. (I'm sure I'll get around to it.) On the other hand, I'm not someone that you want to screw with because I'll post about it here, and by the same token I take the experiences of other into account when deciding on what vendors I deal with. It's a knife that cuts both ways. I'll gladly champion good service, and I'll also let everyone know who I'd avoid. I've never dealt with Rebar, and based on what I've read on here, I never will. It's the risk you run when you play fast and loose, which in my opinion appears to be the case here.

Perhaps I didn't make my point well, but what I was saying was that I have personally always gotten good service from Doug. In a recent post here, somebody mentioned about his record in the last month .... but by any chance has anybody mentioned his 97.8% positive feedback rating?

No, of course not.

Did anybody mention his 1309 positive feedbacks in the two years since he has been dealing on ebay?

Also a big no.

My point should have been put that people are very vocal about bad service, but nobody says anything about good service. I wished him a happy birthday, wished him luck, and hoped he gets back on his feet again. If anybody on TRF has been any of the buyers from Doug that left positive feedback and had good service , by all means say something pleasant.
I also should point out that I have dealt with (and gotten excellent service from) Uncle Mike's Rocket Shack, JonRocket, Thrustline, BSR Hobbies, Dr Zooch, etc. All of whom I will buy from again. Rebar was the first vendor from this forum I purchased from, and I hope he can get his business back on track again....

Al

Perhaps I didn't make my point well, but what I was saying was that I have personally always gotten good service from Doug. In a recent post here, somebody mentioned about his record in the last month .... but by any chance has anybody mentioned his 97.8% positive feedback rating?

No, of course not.

Did anybody mention his 1309 positive feedbacks in the two years since he has been dealing on ebay?

Also a big no.

What possible concern could his 97.8 feedback rating or 1309 positive feedbacks have when he's been out of contact, but apparently still taking money from the unsuspecting for the past few months? What was that feedback rating back in May compared to today?

My point should have been put that people are very vocal about bad service, but nobody says anything about good service. I wished him a happy birthday, wished him luck, and hoped he gets back on his feet again. If anybody on TRF has been any of the buyers from Doug that left positive feedback and had good service , by all means say something pleasant.
I also should point out that I have dealt with (and gotten excellent service from) Uncle Mike's Rocket Shack, JonRocket, Thrustline, BSR Hobbies, Dr Zooch, etc. All of whom I will buy from again. Rebar was the first vendor from this forum I purchased from, and I hope he can get his business back on track again....

And once again, I contend that you're wrong. Go through the TRF archive and you'll find plenty of people who post about good service. I know because I've taken the advice and bought from the vendors that people I know and trust on here. I don't wish him ill, and I hope he had a great birthday. My opinion only, and like I said I bear him no ill will, I just don't see much chance of a comeback after this.

Way to keep a birthday wish thread on-topic (not just the preceding post). But I guess Rocket Al's intro set the stage.

I know little of the situation so I'll settle for a happy birthday...

Hope you had a good one rebar!

Latest posts

Back