got the rocket bug in a bad way!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

user 45478

Reaction score
Hi everyone, just joined. I have the rocket bug again, and here to learn and give back where I can.
I'm an amateur rocket builder of course, but a professional electronics guy, and looking to learn, build, and play.

Originally from the UK, was replanted in the SF Bay Area about 17 years ago and love road-tripping this amazing country, with my wife and two mutts.
Attending rocket events cross-country just seems like an added bonus!

Howdy!! I'm on the other coast (in New Jersey!) but I have a buddy or two that works at Apple, so I am at least passingly familiar with California -- When you have free time, get out to Mt. Hamilton and visit the Lick Observatory there, and be amazed at the view!! I loved it up there! It's very close to you.

There's also a great science museum in San Jose. In Mountainview there's also a wonderful computer history museum. Being right in the middle of uber-geekdom has got to be great, because you'll find plenty of other like-minded wack-jobs that love things like robotics, rocketry, and messing with Raspberry Pi's... I wish I could afford to live out there, but a quaint bungalow is like $5 million out there these days. Too rich for my blood. If I'd transplanted myself back in the days of SUN and SGI, it would be a different story, but I waited too long. Such is life!

Back