Glue on the top centering ring

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ActingLikeAKid

Reaction score
This may only be relevant on the Estes Ventris, but it was a neat thing I came up with:

The Ventris has three centering rings (like the Argent and the Partizon). This seemed like an easier and less messy way to get glue on the top CR than "add glue above the TTW slots and hope".

First I inserted the motor mount to the correct position. Then I used a long thin paintbrush to paint the inside of the BT around the CR.

IMG_0118.jpg
Then I slid the motor mount out and had an alignment line.
IMG_0119.jpg
Using Loctite instant-mix epoxy, I laid down a thick bead of glue about 1/2" below the paint.
https://www.loctiteproducts.com/p/epxy_5min/overview/Loctite-Epoxy-Instant-Mix-5-Minute.htm
Then I slid in the motor mount, then - using more of the epoxy - added a bunch of glue between the slots, as high up as I could (note - quarters are tight here. Be creative & careful). Then I slid in the motor mount the rest of the way, and was rewarded with a nice thick bead of epoxy above the top CR:
IMG_0121.jpg
Another trick I learned - Clip your kevlar to a sharpie's pen cap. It's just the right weight and shape to slip right down the MMT, and you have one lying around.

Attachments

• moon.jpg
    moon.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 60
  • FullSizeRender (10).jpg
    FullSizeRender (10).jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 53
Back