Giant Leap Rocketry's new kit, the T-BOLT

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Giantleap

Reaction score
Hi,

Giant Leap Rocketry, Inc. introduces the T-BOLT -- the newest addition to our ALMOST READY TO FLY series. It's the meaner cousin of the Thunderbolt.

The T-BOLT is 38mm minimum diameter, reducible down to 29mm. It features the HIGH PERFORMANCE FIN CANISTER that is milled out for reduced weight. The kit also comes with the SLIMLINE BELL RETAINER, Kevlar recovery, parachute, supermount, Acme rail guides, 8-pages of instructions, decals, the works. As usual, we throw in all the bells and whistles.

Dead straight flights to MACH-busting speeds are now possible. Super-altitude flights are just hours away.

Please see the T-BOLT (and it's junky paint job:y:) at

https://giantleaprocketry.com/whatsnew.aspx

thanks,

Ed
Giant Leap Rocketry, Inc.

T-Bolt.jpg

cover1.gif

I see that the length is 71" Having built something similar from scratch that is closer to 42", I'm curious if the design was intended to allow for the weight the larger 38mm cases.

Very cool!:cool2: And a great price too!:D

When is the Liberty 6 due(approximately) to come out?

Does the bell retainer increase base drag significantly? Cool Paint Job BTW.

Alex

I see that the length is 71" Having built something similar from scratch that is closer to 42", I'm curious if the design was intended to allow for the weight the larger 38mm cases.

It was two things: One, yes, we wanted to accommodate the longer motors. Two, we had CG and stability in mind.

Does the bell retainer increase base drag significantly? Cool Paint Job BTW.

Alex

Good question. One the one hand, it would increase drag because, without a boat tail, the shape of the bell retainer is not reducing the altitude-robbing low-pressure zone at the rear of the rocket. On the other hand, the bell retainer is very smooth, which improves the laminar flow. This is an improvement over the standard design on most rocket where there's lots of bumps and shoulders to break up the laminar flow. In short, I'd have to actually measure it.

Can we get some altitude estimates or openrocket files on all the Almost-ready-to-fly rockets? The link for Rocksim Data doesn't work on your site.

Back