Get away!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AfterBurners

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I saw this place and I said oh yeah! I know it's remote and maybe somewhat off the beaten path, but if you make your home your sanctuary you really have no need to go anywhere. Southern Calif can be a drag at times. I know the weather nice, but you pay ridiculous prices. UGH!

https://www.zillow.com/homedetails/1621-V1-Rd-Lander-WY-82520/2062955901_zpid/
I would wait until housing market changes before I consider buying anything, but this is just something I like. The openness and big sky!

Retire and build rockets and work on my other hobbies all day and take my dog on 2 hour walks.

Does anyone here live in WY and can you maybe offer some insight on towns and weather etc?

I have no personal experience, but have 2 friends that live in climates with hard winters. One is New Hampshire and the other is Minnesota. They simply live differently than those in the south for sure.

One guy is an amazing programmer and when working through projects with him, starting around October our working hours went to 4am-noon, as he had to get on the motor grader to cut in the driveway to his house with new gravel and other stuff. Things would be too sloppy once the first snow fell and it is an annual event. Once winter hits, he was fine with any working hours, as he only left the house to go to the climate controlled shop and went to town once a week or so. . .During summer, he was hit and miss, as he liked to travel during those months.

The other guy is a retired copier repairman and lives in a 2-story condo. There are pictures of just the roof rack on top of his Chevy blazer from the second story of the condo. . . He loves ice fishing and really likes winter, as you jump on the snowmobile and cut across the lake to get to town and it takes 5 minutes. Once the lake thaws, it is a 30 minute drive to town and there are other people driving on the road.

I think I'd love to visit either place, even in winter with proper care, but I don't know that I'm rugged enough for the lifestyle.

Sandy.

Wyoming is great if you want elbow room. There are literally more antelope in Wyoming than people. There’s a reason for that and it has to do with winter which can be brutally long. Arctic outbreaks are common and can last a long time as the cold air descends down the east side of the Rockies. Do your homework before committing to a move.

Back