Full Size Comanchee III

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've had several successful flights full stack. It helps to have a few people tracking each stage. Fun rocket to fly.

In my first incarnation as a BAR (early nineties), I built and flew one. Two-stage flights at first and they all went wonderfully. Back then I still had the "as big a motor as possible" thing going on. A hang-over from my first foray (when I was much younger) into the world of rocketry. Of course, the first time I flew it with all three stages, I maxed it out, motor-wise.

All ignited—the second stage came back fried (hung for a bit) and the sustainer flew out of sight. Didn't see it again until the next Spring when I saw it hanging about fourty feet up in a cedar tree a quarter mile from the launch site.

A cool rocket and quite attactive and impressive when built. Flew great for as long as I had it.

Does anyone have a scanned instruction sheet or parts list for this rocket. I used to have one as a kid and would love to build another.

You can also search for Comanche III Rocksim files, and you can print fin templates from there (OpenRocket can also use Rocksim .rkt files).

Latest posts

Back