• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Free Spools (allmost)

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ADiehl

Reaction score
I have a bunch of spools the engineering dept was chucking. I am selling 7 of them. In exchange, I want a picture of it's flight and whatever it costs me to ship them to you. They are 11" in diameter and 8.5" tall. approx weight: 2.3lbs.
EXTREMELY STURDY. I have stood on one with my full 170lbs and rolled across the floor. I will be attending the Red Glare III launch in October if you want to pick one up there.

Spools.jpg

Is it just me, or do you see a 3x clustered 3 stage spool rocket in the future??? Maybe you shouldn't sell 'em...

I have a bunch of spools the engineering dept was chucking. I am selling 7 of them. In exchange, I want a picture of it's flight and whatever it costs me to ship them to you. They are 11" in diameter and 8.5" tall. approx weight: 2.3lbs.

What size is the large hole through the center?

It currently has a 1" hole in the ends. The center tube has an ID of just over 3.5" , and the distance between the bolts holding it together is a tad more than 2.5". They conveniently have pre-drilled holes to be launched on a 7/16 rod.
This is what they look like disassembled.
Spool2.jpg

It currently has a 1" hole in the ends. The center tube has an ID of just over 3.5" , and the distance between the bolts holding it together is a tad more than 2.5". They conveniently have pre-drilled holes to be launched on a 7/16 rod.
This is what they look like disassembled.
Spool2.jpg

So without major mods this will be limited to about a 54mm motor - correct?

That might do ok then.

Yes, I'd say a 54 is about the max without significant mods.

Looks like COOL SPOOLS for sure
How thick are the tubes?????????? Looks like about 1/2" thick????????

Have fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Snoman

Still 3 spools left. Did I mention they make excellent 11"-1" adapters?

Andrew, how much to zip 51040 (Iowa) :D
If ya still have any left just hollar
Thanks Snoman

Back