• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Rocketry Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Free balsa wedges

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cosmodrome

Trust me, It'll fly!
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
I realized today that I toss losts of balsa wedges in the trash and thought that someone here might just want them. They are 3" wide by about 1" thick by about 12" long 8-10 lb density. If anyone's interested I'll save them up and send them out for the cost of shipping. Also, if there's interest I can post a pic. PM me if you're interested.

Mike
cosmodrome rocketry

OK, here is a pic.

dcp_4212.jpg

mike
cosmodrome rocketry

A certain cone maker comes to mind. Shoot - I recall saving the bits that came from a diecut balsa sheet. The amounts you are quoting are like bricks of gold! (All of my rocketry stuff is boxed and in the attic. Otherwise, I'd take these in a heartbeat!)

A certain cone maker comes to mind. Shoot - I recall saving the bits that came from a diecut balsa sheet. The amounts you are quoting are like bricks of gold! (All of my rocketry stuff is boxed and in the attic. Otherwise, I'd take these in a heartbeat!)

I know, I just don't make cones small enough for these. These are actually scraps I cut off balsa blocks before I turn cones. I create two for each cone I make.

mike cosmodrome rocketry

I have a box that is 3 ft. by 2 ft. by 4 ft. deep full of the exact same parts...I find all kinds of uses for them.;)

It's perfectly good wood!

I have a box that is 3 ft. by 2 ft. by 4 ft. deep full of the exact same parts...I find all kinds of uses for them.;)

I mean if you ever loose power on a cold winter...................

Ben

P.S. Sandman would get hypothermia before he burned balsa or basswood :p

I do use some of them, but now with three kits that produce these wedges I've got too many of them. I used to save all of them and ended up with the same sized box full of them.

Now, if I could only get ride of the pile of balsa dust I've collected in the back yard. :)

mike
cosmodrome rocketry

PM sent.
(Although it took me a while; I wasn't logged in. Must be getting older than I thought.)

Can you use the balsa dust for filler/putty? Maybe send a ziploc bag-full with a kit?

Is there some reason not to glue several of these scraps together to form a larger block? That is what I have done with scrap. But then again, I've only turned 3 small nose cones so far (with a drill gripped in a vise :rolleyes:) so I'm no expert.

Is there some reason not to glue several of these scraps together to form a larger block? That is what I have done with scrap. But then again, I've only turned 3 small nose cones so far (with a drill gripped in a vise :rolleyes:) so I'm no expert.

That's exactly what I do with them. Two of these wedges glued back to back make two Nike Aapache cones. The problem is that I have three kits that make the wedges and only one that uses them and I don't have any plans for kits that would use them.

For a nose cone that I would use, I would glue several of them together, but for a kit that I'm selling I like to keep the glue seams to a minimum.

mike
cosmodrome rocketry

Mike,

By the way, really nice to hear you're back in production. We all understand how hard it is to work and run a one man rocket factory. But when your stuff is in short supply it is obviously missed. So glad to hear you're back up and running.

I thought I'd nudge this thread. Anybody heard from Cosmodrome? I too PM'd several days ago and haven't heard back...

I thought I'd nudge this thread. Anybody heard from Cosmodrome? I too PM'd several days ago and haven't heard back...

I've been busy this week. Over the weekend I'll get all the wedges together and contact the people that PM'ed me.

mike
cosmodrome rocketry

Back