Food Drop Parachutes

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like using old military chutes. They work. They are cheap. And if one gets messed up, they are easy to replace. I picked up a bunch for $5 last summer. A bunch of X chutes and some nice 30"+. There was even some 60" and 80" silk ones dated 1941.

I like using old military chutes. They work. They are cheap. And if one gets messed up, they are easy to replace. I picked up a bunch for $5 last summer. A bunch of X chutes and some nice 30"+. There was even some 60" and 80" silk ones dated 1941.
Where did you get them?

Check out Aeroconsystems. I've got the 18" and 60".
When Sunriver Bob has them and is trying to unload someones "junk", you buy them for what he wants. $5 for a bunch of them worked for me. There was 4 of the 60" ones and I think two of the 18" ones. They are great chutes. Next time he is up at a launch, you have to look in his "junk" boxes that are usually on the right side of the trailer.

Looks like this:

1711447471176.png

It is often a design used for reserve chutes.

This is the most TRF thing I think I have ever seen. Looking at a international news story about food relief and thinking, "Those chutes are cool where can I get one?"

:dancingelephant: :headspinning:

And to be brutally frank I thought the same thing...

Last edited:
The T-11 chute is a UK design. Pretty new design. Square with spill holes at the corners to stop oscillation. Looks like they are a "man chute" that is uncontrolled like the T-10 rounds ones. Where to get one? I found one on Ebay for the low, low price of $750 with all the lines cut. That is a mighty expensive sun protector. I imagine if one was to know someone in Gaza, they might be able to get their hands on them for a lower cost.

Back