Fluxion, a Planetary Defense Fighter

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi guys! This is Eddie, your shipboard computer! We are super-excited to tell you that Fluxion parts are in production. Even better, Fluxion now comes standard with Genuine People Personalities computers! No more boooring "Acknowledged" responses from your ship's computer as you're defending your start system. Now you'll experience the joy and wonder of a ship's computer that will annihilate your enemies and have fun doing it!

Also, for anyone considering a competing planetary defense platform, keep in mind that Sirius never charges software subscription fees, and operating system updates can be scheduled for any inconvenient time rather than coming as a surprise just before battle.

[edit] Minor typo corrections to align with canon

Last edited:
Hi guys! This is Eddy, your shipboard computer! We are super-excited to tell you that Fluxion parts are in production. Even better, Fluxion now comes standard with Real People Personalities computers! No more boooring "Acknowledged" responses from your ship's computer as you're defending your start system. Now you'll experience the joy and wonder of a ship's computer that will annihilate your enemies and have fun doing it!

Also, for anyone considering a competing planetary defense platform, keep in mind that Sirius never charges software subscription fees, and operating system updates can be scheduled for any inconvenient time rather than coming as a surprise just before battle.
But does the beef in the cafeteria come from cows that WANT to be eaten?

But does the beef in the cafeteria come from cows that WANT to be eaten?
The beef in Sirius cafeteria is entirely ethically sourced. We support the bovine community by providing jobs in our product testing department. After a couple of months there, the cows are excited to get a place in line for the abattoir.

The beef in Sirius cafeteria is entirely ethically sourced. We support the bovine community by providing jobs in our product testing department. After a couple of months there, the cows are excited to get a place in line for the abattoir.
Okay, I confess I had to google it.

abattoir

Slaughterhouse​

Hey when do we get to see some parts go together... what do you think this is, one of *my* build threads?
@DragonRocketry is shipping me some custom laser cut parts on Monday. I should get the 3D prints from my buddy on Wednesday, so hopefully next weekend there will be some pictures. In the meantime, you'll just have to deal with my poor imitation of Douglas Adams.

recommend avoiding the color brown in the color scheme.
Brown belongs on neither suits nor rockets. :D I am a little surprised that the dictionary definition didn't include the soldering/smelting meaning of flux.

I am a little surprised that the dictionary definition didn't include the soldering/smelting meaning of flux.

When it comes to soldering / smelting (& welding) Merriam-Webster doesn't give a flux.

They're to busy adding words like "deadass," "hellscape," "petfluencer" and "woke." No joke... don't jump.

I'm sure I have a good reason for not having used a pencil sharpener for my chute snaggers, but I don't know what it is. Would have been a heck of a lot quicker than the 220 grit sandpaper I used, even on my 1/8" dowel stock.

Yes, he may well join the fray. And then would start a major arc.
Wait, are we moving from forging to general metal working or just welding? I'm having trouble keeping current on the story.

It started with the use of "flux" as applicable to soldering, brazing, and welding. All of those are methods of joining metals. And welding is most often done with an arc. Welding can also be done in a forge situation be getting the metal hotter than one would for regular shaping and then pounding it together, i.e. bringing the hammer down. Called "forge welding", and yes, it still involves flux.

So maybe it's been a little bit weld heavy, but hey, welding is a gas!

Last edited:
Back