FLISKITS is Back

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Introducing our latest upscale coming online shortly.

24mm Mud Wasp

View attachment 482832View attachment 482833

Is that BT-55? I built a BT-55 upscale many years ago. Flew great on D12's and AeroTech E15's. Jim Flis got a shot of it flying on an E15 at a Fliskits anniversary launch a few years back. Unfortunately, it fell victim to an E12 cato a couple of years later.

dsc01861.jpg

The Deuces Wild is now available in a 24 mm kit.
Cool! Looking for it on the website, though, I'm not finding it. 18mm and Diminuitive show up, as well as 18/24mm Tres, but no 24mm Deuces Wild.

The day has finally arrived! Our first new kit since taking over FlisKits...
Limited quantities of the GigaBucks are available on the website! Check it out - laser cut fins, waterslide decals, 24mm power and an adapter to use 18mm engines as well.View attachment 441159

I'll be ordering one of the GigaBucks asap and do a build thread.

Would love to see better pics of the different kits. Even the gallery section here doesn't really do a good job of representing you guys.

No info about the availability...but I'll tempt you by saying I've seen the prototype, and it looks great!

I'll be ordering one of the GigaBucks asap and do a build thread.
IMG_5498.JPG

Flew this past Sunday on a C11-5. Paint was still a little less than fully cured as it was sprayed the afternoon before. Decals tonight, perhaps.

According to the face card, this is production number 19. I was surprised it was that low.

Also flew my Buckshot at that launch. Fun stuff.

Totally awesome ….
Such a unique looking flight !!
Love the dual smoke trail

This one uses 98 mm motors, usually 3 grain (98/7680) My avatar and the 2019 Tripoli card is this rocket on AT M1075s. Search YouTube for Deuce98.

I'm super happy too see that the company is back and seems to be doing well. I have my share of kits from when Jim ran the biz and I love them. But now that things are up and running again what I am hoping most to see again is the selection of pre packaged cluster and canted motor mount kits. Those were awesome. Any chance you will be bringing those back?

Andrew

Yes?............ No?

Trying to stay on top of all the threads regarding Fliskits has been a challenge. This will be the thread that will be followed regularly. The new website is under development, so in the meantime, we will use this thread to keep all updated of kit availability as we continue to ramp up production.
I'm assembling my Tres 24 and it seems to be missing the tube for the engine mount. I have all the flat parts, but not the tube itself. Am I supposed to cut the coupler and use a portion of that? Or is the tube just plain missing? I used the contact form on the Fliskits site a few days ago but haven't heard anything back. I hope to have this flying by Sod Busters. I can always order another engine mount, they're cheap, but I also want to make sure I'm not missing something in the building procedure. Thank you for any advice.

I also tried the contact form a few days ago and no response.
I was missing the fins for my Monster Mudwasp.
Try PMing eshenderson, I just did.

i just received the reply from fliskits (coincidence? You decide :).

Here it is, and it answers my question. I hope you also get a response.

The baffle is built with the coupler that holds the lower tubes together. You can (really should) use it full size since it is acting more as coupler than baffle and the extra length will keep things stiffer and straighter..

Thanks,

Ray

Me: In other words it is both the coupler and the baffle, which makes sense, but was, perhaps, not well described in the instructions.

Last edited:
Sorry for the delay. Due to medical issues and a death in the family, I have not been monitoring as I should. Replies have been PM'd

Back