First Scratch build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally posted by Bigander
What motor is this planned to fly on for its maiden voyage?? Did u see my recent scratch thread that looked like we were going for the same theme?? Missle Project

I plan to fly it on a D12. It does look a lot like yours :) I guess we were both going for the missile look lol. What paint job are you going to use?

I just checked out your RockSim file. Looks good! If the weight indeed matches your finished model, make sure you use no more than a -5 second delay on that D12. A single-use AT E30-7T or E15-7W would be a sweet flight!

Originally posted by Fore Check
I just checked out your RockSim file. Looks good! If the weight indeed matches your finished model, make sure you use no more than a -5 second delay on that D12. A single-use AT E30-7T or E15-7W would be a sweet flight!

We use an E15 in our TARC entry. I love those more powerful rocket motors :) Getting away from Estes engines is a great idea.

Originally posted by Rocketboy89
I plan to fly it on a D12. It does look a lot like yours :) I guess we were both going for the missile look lol. What paint job are you going to use?
I used kilz camo spray system. I got it in wal-mart in the spray paint section. Really nice since it comes out w/ a dull finish to it to make it look really realistic.

Originally posted by Bigander
I used kilz camo spray system. I got it in wal-mart in the spray paint section. Really nice since it comes out w/ a dull finish to it to make it look really realistic.

How does that system come....Does it have a few different paints you have to use, or just one?

Yeah you buy the different cans of paint. Worked real nice and they have a different tip that has a tighter pattern to it. I enjoyed using it.

It really didn't run at all. It dried fast too. The parts i sprayed first were dry by the time i was done painting the last part.
I did let it set for like 10 minutes first b4 next coat.

8 or 9 bucks i think. But that can had a lot in it. The cans still weigh alot even after my painting (bout a 3' rocket)

Back