First Scratch build

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocketboy89

Reaction score
here are some pictures of my first scratch built rocket. Im still building so the rocket is not fully complete yet. The parts are from Thrustline, and the baffle is from Borock :)

Originally posted by hokkyokusei
Post pics!

sure thing...im thinking about getting the spirals filled first before i put the fins on. All in all, it should be done this week.

What did you use for the centering rings? They look like foam core board; I've used that a couple of times and it worked really well.

It's looking good so far!

Originally posted by DaveCombs
What did you use for the centering rings? They look like foam core board; I've used that a couple of times and it worked really well.

It's looking good so far!

I just know its fiber...you would have to ask John and thrustline if you wanted to know exactly what it was.

that's cool! you should go with a military inspired paint theme, it definetly has a military look going... :)

Im still thinking of a name for it, if anyone thinks of one, shout it out. I was thinking about naming it the Phalanx...idk yet.

Originally posted by TeenRocketNerd
that's cool! you should go with a military inspired paint theme, it definetly has a military look going... :)

Yeah, air to air missiles inspired me to design it that way. thanks

Originally posted by Rocketboy89
Im still thinking of a name for it, if anyone thinks of one, shout it out. I was thinking about naming it the Phalanx...idk yet.

Call it 15....

Slam
Mirimar (I just like the sound of that... not to be confused with mallomar...)

Pharon

Molniya

Wind Saber

Fausiarn

Quinze (french for fifteen, since that's how many fins you have)

Quindici (Italian for fifteen)

you asked.... ;)

Possible names:

Tri-Star

Cinco de Fly-o (weak, but yeah)

The Fifth Dimension

I'll think of some more (hopefully better ones)

thanks guys :)

how bout...Long Range Anti Aircraft Missile Mk. 15 (L-RAAM) sounds militaryish

It does not matter what name it gets, I am sure it is going to call the attention of everyone on flight day... It is a cooool looking rocket. Great building skills!!! keep those pics coming!!!

well, i cant seem to get that file to open...so if it doesn't open for you im sorry.

What motor is this planned to fly on for its maiden voyage?? Did u see my recent scratch thread that looked like we were going for the same theme?? Missle Project

Back