first scratch build... where to start??

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Note to Jake: Re-read rex's post before continuing with next set of paper fins :D

Note to Jake...LOOKS GOOD! Not bad for your first scratcher. I like the Gold! You got the passion and I'm guessing you have lots of good ideas.
The quality of your builds will improve with time. Im still finding and trying different finishing methods.
Even my building/finishing skills have come a long way in the last couple years.
Ive learned alot of new and improved ways of doing things and new and improved products (glue.epoxy,paints,ect.)from hanging out here on TRF.
Oh,and you are WELCOME!!!!!!
I actually showed Sandy(wife) your build thread. I told her you were the one I sent the box to. She was impressed that you got right to building and we are both glad you can and will use the stuff.
Good luck with the CC Express.

Last edited:
thanks scotty!
Glad you (and your wife) approve!
yup, the stuff is being put to good use!
Thanks, I'm hoping the paint job will turn out better on it... Learned a few good lessons from the dominator.
Jakster

Hey everybody.
I want to apologize to y'all for being absent for so long.
A lot of things came up very quickly, and have kept me pretty busy until now.
Between working on pyro with my grandpa, getting ready for and attending the PGI, switching back and forth between two jobs, school getting behind, my mom having twins one of which was born with complications, and trying to fix up and sell our house, things have been pretty crazy :facepalm:

BUT!! I do have some good news! I was able to fly the Dominator for the first time a few months ago!! It work flawlessly! I was so excited :D And I just want to thank all of you again soo much for helping me achieve this goal!
Here is a couple video's of the launch day I Had with my dad, bro's, and my grandpa. I also launched my mean machine, using an E9 motor, which is the biggest motor I've used so far.[video=youtube;YmsXOSIa1kE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YmsXOSIa1kE[/video][video=youtube;b9r3a4m8xyE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9r3a4m8xyE[/video]

Sadly though, I didn't get a video of the rocket that my grandpa gave me, that I had to refurbish. I think it was an Estes eliminator, but I'm not sure. Again, I used an E9. But because it was so much smaller than the mean machine, it went wwaaayy up there (compared to what I'm used to flying :D) We all were yelling and screaming like crazy folk :)

Thanks again to everyone. I don't know how active I'll be on here, I'm still pretty busy with a lot of stuff. But I hope to post some of the things I'll be working on :) (And I hope to have something pretty cool coming..)

Back