First Dual deploy rocket

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why put a mount in it? I would go minimum diameter, and build 38 and 29 mm adapters. You never know when you'll want to put a 54 mm I motor in there. Just kidding (not really). I built my L1 rocket with a 29 mm mount, have about 20 flights on it, but find myself wanting to fly 54 mm I's and Js in it.

hey guys,

Updates:

So ive finished the rocket, for the most part. I still have install the rrc2 and deployment charges. Ill try and post pictures soon.

Questions:

I would like to use two shear pins to connect the nose cone and two to connect the lower body tube to the e bay. How do shear pins work?? Do you press fit the nylon pins, screw them in, or use some other method to secure them??

This is only my third rocket build, So please make suggestions!

hey guys,

Updates:

So ive finished the rocket, for the most part. I still have install the rrc2 and deployment charges. Ill try and post pictures soon.

Questions:

I would like to use two shear pins to connect the nose cone and two to connect the lower body tube to the e bay. How do shear pins work?? Do you press fit the nylon pins, screw them in, or use some other method to secure them??

This is only my third rocket build, So please make suggestions!

Your 3rd rocket and you are doing dual deploy:y: wow... that is really ambitious, I like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!:handshake:

Yzf4, just something to consider: I use Wildman's ejection lighters, WM02-EJECTION LIGHTER for my dual deploy rockets. I've got a very old Co-pilot altimeter, uses a 9v battery. These lighters work great, no leup required. You can use this link to wildman's: https://www.wildmanrocketry.com/ShowProducts.aspx?Class=846&Sub=848

The key to successfull dual deploy, ground test the crap out of your set-up. And ALWAYS use fresh batteries on your flights. I agree with the advice to use a pre-launch check list. Save you it could. (Said in Yoda's voice):gavel:

gldknght said:
Yzf4, just something to consider: I use Wildman's ejection lighters, WM02-EJECTION LIGHTER for my dual deploy rockets. I've got a very old Co-pilot altimeter, uses a 9v battery. These lighters work great, no leup required. You can use this link to wildman's: https://www.wildmanrocketry.com/ShowProducts.aspx?Class=846&Sub=848

The key to successfull dual deploy, ground test the crap out of your set-up. And ALWAYS use fresh batteries on your flights. I agree with the advice to use a pre-launch check list. Save you it could. (Said in Yoda's voice):gavel:

Lol

pic7.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic1.jpg

pic.jpg

motormount.jpg

fin.jpg

The pictures are kind of random, and I still have a few things left to do.

Back