FireStick Boat Tail - The Latest Release from MAC Performance Rocketry

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike2wander

MAC Performance Rocketry
TRF Sponsor
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Our new 3" diameter boat tail design FireStick & FireStick XL kits are finally available. The FireStick comes standard with a 38mm motor mount and is 58" in length. The FireStick XL has a 54mm motor mount and measures 62" long. They will fly on motors from I through L.

Free Shipping on Orders Over $125.00 at Checkout

Check them out at www.macperformancerocketry.com

IMG_20150824_124245_700.jpg

Mike Crupe
MAC Performance Rocketry
NAR/TRA
L3

FLY CANVAS!

Last edited:
I have one of these in my basement waiting for spare time to build. Incredible design! The fins fit perfectly in the slots, even through the tailcone.

Boat tail hidden in the photo? I really don't see any contour at all. (?)

PfphKO4.jpg

Should be noted I have the standard model with a 38mm.

Last edited:
Dan, What are those fins? MDF?

No. From the website:

"We have just changed over all our kits to include only canvas phenolic fins sets. The 3" kits have 1/8" canvas phenolic and the 4" kits come with 3/16" canvas phenolic."

Boat tail hidden in the photo? I really don't see any contour at all. (?)

The boat tail on both the 38mm & 54mm motor mounts transition down from 3" to 54mm and are the same in length. The centering rings are the only difference.

IMG_20150818_154544_977.jpg IMG_20150729_193029_856.jpg IMG_20150723_202846_202.jpg

Mike Crupe
MAC Performance
NAR/TRA
L3

FLY CANVAS!

Last edited:
Man, the one with the SlimLine is so freaking cool looking. I have been waffling about getting a MAC kit, gonna get off the fence in November. Seems to me one of these beauties will be a perfect birthday present from myself.

Back