FINALLY RAIN in CO!

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stardust

Reaction score
I have lived in Colorado well over a half a century. My family beat the Indians out of some of their turf here in the 1800s....Ugly roust of good people. The family trade has been ranching and farming here on the high plains desert. Some of my other relatives like to do this in the mountains. Yes, it gets dry here. Yes, there are fires here. I remember several fires throughout the years. A memorable brush fire to me was when a family of hawks had their nest in the way of a raging brush fire this same time of year. It was started by lighting. Sorry sight, watching those baby hawks burn to death...the parents lifted so viciously by the rising hot air from the flames, they could not do anything. And finally a twisting gust of wind directed a lofty flame right onto one of the parents trying to rescue its baby birds. The adult hawk’s feathers burned to naked skin, like dried pine needles on a branch, in a flash. It’s flightless body plummeting into the inferno! For some time I thought...how horrible fire is! The land looked as if Satan had screamed at it...What ruination, as the remnant smoke of a few smoldering logs curled up into the air. I did not return to my cousins’ place for several years. I didn't figure there was much to see there, after that fire. Finally, on a forced march to attend a family reunion, by my Mom, we went to his place. On our arrival to the front gate I almost had to get the map out, to make sure we were on the right road. The land looked glorious, tall grass, flowers, and bunnies everywhere! Birds on every fence post! Several types of hawks within a mile drive down the road...The fire had made more life possible...cleaned up the place! Released nutrients to the soil...Many new trees had started to grow! My first thought was, maybe the whole planet should burn, if this is what a good God torch can do?
I have come to realize fire can kill a person... or it can keep ya warm in a freeze. Water can drown a soul, or quench a dying summer thirst. The light make things on the trail visible, so one does not fall off a cliff. The dark can enable the imagination see further than any horizon. Good, bad, hmmm Only our perception… Just the way it is, I guess. Fire...the crucible of life...At least for the past 350 billion years. As well as we can generalize, in this particular universe.

Hey! I see a few more snowshoe hares, elk, and deer in the pretty flowered meadow… where fire once roamed.

Watch out for sheeple/lemmings…a lot of em are running blindly ,just cause others are…Minimizing the fallout of others ineptness on my life…Another one of my hobbies. Hehe
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, The courage to change the things I can, And the wisdom to know the difference."

With all the rain the past few days possibly we rocketeers and pyro enthusiasts can get back to our craft…

"Chile Blaster," YES! Pueblo Colo.CHILI BLASTER IV is the next "big" rocket event in Colorado. It will be 28-29 July 2012 at the Hudson Ranch located 9.5 miles SW of Pueblo CO on Colorado 78 West. The United Launch Alliance/Ball Aerospace Student Intern launch will also happen on 28 July 2012. This will be the biggest civilian rocket to fly in the state of Colorado. We have coordinated with the Pueblo County Sheriff and Beulah Fire Departments to support this event.

https://www.scronline.net/

My wife and I, and several others from Rocky Mnt. Pyrotechnic Guild (RMPG) went to Cheyenne WY on the 30th for the 1.4 open public shoot. This date was good for us all... as we volunteer at commercial fireworks shoots the following days. It was a wonderful time. Buy big rockets, roman candles, firecrackers etc. there. Burned stuff safely from 8 until 1 AM, on 60 acres of bliss. Saw scores of other peoples 1.4 works going off. The fireworks stores in that area are having a tough time...As WY residents are prohibited from purchase of works until their fire ban is over??? Go figure...OK for out of state'rs to buy and burn, but not WY residents. Saw car plates from all over the country at the shoot, Nice!

It was so good to have some sanity an hours drive away...

https://www.pyrobin.com/index.php

Smile...it is an easy and inexpensive way to look nice...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ry5o7NP6cvI&feature=related

Enjoy...D.

shoot.JPG

It's been nice to finally get some rain as dry as it's been this year, and I bet it's helped with the fires. This summer has been a scorcher like in Denver during most of June it was in the high 90's and 100's. It may be a pain to shovel, but if we could get some good snow this year, it would really help us out next year, and the rivers are going to need to be recharged, I was in Gunnison with my parents in May, and the rivers looked like it was the middle of September!

You mean to tell me they opened up a patch of bone dry, tinder box, ready to explode, DANGER -DANGER- DANGER, FIRE BAN- BAN- BAN, prairie to people from all over the country to bring nasty and finger blowing off fire works and set them off as they pleased? IMPOSSIBLE! Where is the huge, wild, pyro/rocket started range fire devouring my property? Where are the poor helpless baby birds burning up in front of the news cameras? The poor farmers & ranchers packing up the Model T to flee from the scorched earth caused by the devil fire? I want to see the hysteria, the sensational pictures on the news at five! What kind of message where they sending to our tender and impressionable youth, our glorious PC, safety conscious, mini van driving Soccer moms? What kind of unmitigated GAUL is this!

Oh, I see. That was just over the border in Wonderful Wyoming. No rocket clubs there. Is it still a State? Do they think it is 1912? How do they survive doing such foolish, unregulated and Dangerous things?

Well at least here in progressive Colorado our brew pub owning governor lifted the Sate wide burn ban cause he looked out the winder and saw a huge down pour - over an inch I tell ya! Enough to flood some streets - cursed flooding devil water! HOORAY for short term thinking and giving those in control their PROPS! (THAT IS GANGSTA LINGO) Now hopefully everyone else will jump on the bandwagon. Hey, if I can launch because of it I am all for it - count this sheeple/lemming blindly running about with rocket in hand. Just play the game baby cause we are enlightened, 21st Century Big City sophisticates, unlike our Cowboy neighbor's up North a shootin' off dem sparkies last week. They must know something we don't - just can't figure it out can you?:confused2:

Back