Fin Design

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

decyple

Reaction score
Does anyone have access to the fin design manual developed by the US Army (Well I believe it is the US Army that developed it but I'm not 100% sure)? Or know where I can find it... All searches have been unfruitful at this point. It was a design manual for all aspects of fins for missiles/sounding rockets. Including grid fins...

Thanks
Mark

Does anyone have access to the fin design manual developed by the US Army (Well I believe it is the US Army that developed it but I'm not 100% sure)? Or know where I can find it... All searches have been unfruitful at this point. It was a design manual for all aspects of fins for missiles/sounding rockets. Including grid fins...

Thanks
Mark

AFAIK there is no such handbook.

Are you thinking of MIL-HDBK-762(MI) DESIGN OF AERODYNAMICALLY STABILIZED FREE ROCKETS?
If so you can download it for free here.
https://www.everyspec.com/MIL-HDBK/MIL-HDBK-0700-0799/MIL_HDBK_762_1855/

Bob

Thanks for the reply Bob...but I have this book already and its unfortunately not it. Good book tho!

The book is very subject matter focused, and is very good. I had it on my old computer that was wiped out. Its a great resource....

Back