Fusion 360 design to fin marking guide help

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CameronMakesRockets

Reaction score
If this is in the wrong thread, please let me know and I will post it in the right area!

I recently designed a rocket in Fusion 360 and I just received all the parts to build the rocket. However, I can't seem to find a way to take my design and print out a fin marking guide. Does anyone know what I need to achieve this?

Thanks!

what I ended up doing is figuring out the diameter of the body tube, creating a new sketch with a rectangle whose length is the diameter length then creating lines for the fins equally spaced apart. Then I extruded the sketch 1mm (Fusion doesn’t let you make a drawing from a 3D sketch). Then I used the new body to create a drawing that I made 1:1 scale then printed it at actual scale. This seemed to work well, will post pictures soon.

Hi, late reply but I hope that this will be to some help.

1. Add a "break" in the tube that you would like to flatten, I usually do this by making it in the sketch for the tube.
    Skärmbild 2023-12-06 130738.png
  2. Convert it to a sheet metal part by selecting "SHEET METAL" in the menu and under "CREATE" click the convert option.
  3. Create a new sheet metal rule by clicking the "View rule" and then the new rule, in the new rule set the K Factor to 1. This will give you correct dimensions on the flat part.
    Skärmbild 2023-12-06 131355 - Copy.png

4. Click the create flat part button under create
  5. Export it as a DXF and print

Back