3D Printing Fin Bevel Jig

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thzero

TRF Supporter
Reaction score
After search around and looking at various RocketryForum articles, blogs like JC's Rocketry, etc. on beveling fins I ended up printing myself a jig. Here are the results for a BOSCH RA1181 router table.

Bevel Jig.png
bevelmounted.jpg

beveledfin.jpg

As someone on another thread asked for the STLs, so I threw up my first Thingiverse creation:

https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:5993440

I'll have to get around to turning the face plates from OnShape to OpenScad so that they can be customizable.

Fantastic, thanks!
Was leaning towards square edges on my Wildman AGM-78, but thanks to you I think I'll try beveling (testing on scrap first, of course).

Fantastic, thanks!
Was leaning towards square edges on my Wildman AGM-78, but thanks to you I think I'll try beveling (testing on scrap first, of course).
Yeah, definitely practice first... I got go fever and munched to fins. Thankfully I had just enough material to cut out two new fins!

Used the tool to bevel some 3mm fiberglass fins, worked pretty well. One direction is better than the other. Probably need a better guide tool for doing the reverse direction.

Back