Feb. ROC launch "Limited"

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

edwinshap1

Reaction score
Rick Dickinson said:
Everyone,

Thanks to Brother John's scouting missions over the past few days, I'm happy to announce that there WILL be a LIMITED ROC launch tomorrow at Lucerne Dry-ish Lake, after all. Because we'll be "roughing it", we will not be setting up the registration table or collecting any money -- but we WILL be expecting everyone who shows up to help.

I plan to arrive at the entrance to the lake bed off of 247 with the ROC trailer by about 7:30 AM. If the entrance is passable, I will haul the trailer out to our usual spot. If it isn't, I will park the trailer on the side of the road, and wait for assistance from other ROC members.

If necessary, we will haul a limited set of launch pads, controllers, and cables out in the backs of pickup trucks or SUVs. I anticipate setting up one front row bank of pads, and one middle-row bank of pads, so we should be able to support up to single "K" motor flights. If you plan to fly anything larger, you will have to do most of your own "heavy lifting" of hauling a back row pad, cable, battery, and controller out, and setting it up.

We WILL be "roughing it", as there WILL NOT be any portable toilets on-site, and there WILL NOT be a motor vendor on-site. Also, you will be there AT YOUR OWN RISK of getting stuck in the mud. Be careful, and don't do anything stupid, and you should be OK. But, you MUST be aware of where you're driving. If unsure, check it out on foot FIRST.

Bring whatever motors you have to fly, and if you have extra, it would be nice if you planned on "loaning" motors and reloads to your friends, with the understanding that they can "return" them next month, when we will have a vendor on-site as usual.

Bring sunscreen, sunglasses, and plenty of water to drink. Wear old shoes and clothes that you don't mind getting dirty. Keeping a spare set of shoes and socks in your vehicle is probably a good idea, in case yours get muddy or wet from walking through a wet area.

The weather looks like it will be beautiful; the only hard part will be getting out to the launch site to enjoy it!

See you all in the morning!

- Rick Dickinson
ROC President

IDK WHETHER TO GO OR NOT OMG!!!

Like it'd be a great way to meet the real hardcore hobbyists and get to know the core group of ROC members, but im worried about my car. if anyone is going, could we meet in Lucerne if you have a 4 wheel drive car and i could catch a ride along Rt. 247?

Back