FAA, strobes, and heavy low-power

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NiteWulf

Reaction score
1. When flying at night, what are the strobe light requirements? Light, medium, or heavy rockets? A certain impulse class/propellant weight?

2. What is the greatest allowable weight before FAA notification is required? Is it 1 or 1.5 pounds?
All I want is some straight, pertinent answers and maybe a few jokes at my expense.

I don't know about the night launch regs, but for FAA notification, the number is 1 lb. with the motor IN the rocket. Remember, though. You just need to notify them. You don't need their permission. If you're within 5 miles of an airport, you're also required to notify the airport manager.

Also...

Two priests and a NiteWulf walk into a bar...you'd think they woulda ducked. Ba-dump-bump!

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here through Sunday...the 9:00 show is different from the 7:00 show. G'nite everybody!

I wonder if Kermie's bad jokes are the reason why they included this emoticon:

:kill:

I guess it really isn't easy being green...

Ah, it's all in good fun.

Hehe...the rimshot was because I knew it was bad. The question you have to ask yourself is this: Is it scarier that I told such a bad joke or that Phil actually *ENJOYED* such a bad joke. :D

And to answer your followup question: Yes, I'm pretty sure that emoticon was designed for just such an occasion.

Back