Estes - Warp II Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Micromeister

Micro Craftman/ClusterNut
TRF Supporter
Reaction score
Looking to do everything in Micro Rocketry was are doing with standard size model rockets my first attempts at staging were with two all time favorites the Warp-II and Hercules 2 stage.

Built together I did finish the Warp-II first so it gets top billing. It's full size brother was one of my very frist Night flight conversions so I thought it fitting to attempt to build the Micro Warp-II with that same feature in mind.
To this end I chose to make the Payload section 10.5mm using a PRATT Hobbies vacuum formed Super light weight styrene nosecone without the shoulder and a short length of .444" OD, .40" ID clear Polyethylene mailing tube. while these to materials don't match up perfectly they were close enough to make the project work well. I designed an LED battery system to fit this combination with a 10mm 12000 mcd led and tiny 10mm 3V lithium battery holder that just slips into the payload section lighting the NC a bright orange. Turned Basswood transition to the minimum diameter T2+ main body which had to be extended an inch or so to have room for the required recovery system.

Both models were tape together motor configs which proved over test flights to NOT be the most reliable method. through experiments with several configruations with and without ejection it was determined leaving the motors untaped increased the upper stage ignition reliablilty considerably. When these two models are replaced they will be slightly Upscaled to either T2++ or T3 main body tubing to allow Gap Stage Venting back thru the centering rings and perhaps a slight side vent holds at the stage joint.
Both are really fun flying models single or two staged.

Post copied with permission

Last edited by a moderator:
My brother in law found one of these in a Goodwill store along with a couple of other rockets. I think we determined that Tony's had been brush painted, heavy, but nicely done. The two stages were glued together, so it only flies as a single stage bird, but I've always thought it was a good looker.:cool:

Actually the Estes Warp-II was my first customized LED Payload Night flight model. As first 2 staged Night flight model in my fleet. After nearly loosing the booster twice I usually flight her only single staged at Night launches now.

164-sm_Warp-II Led Ill 2 stage payload_11-30-94.jpg

Estes Warp II.JPG

My brother in law found one of these in a salvage store. It looked like it had been painted with nail polish and had been built as a single stager. Mine is actually a Loadstar with home made Warp II decals.

I actually do think that the Warp II looks cooler than the loadstar, with all of it's paint and decals.

Back