Estes Stratoblaster In Flight Videos

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr_matt_II

Reaction score
I got the cheap and cheerful 808 keychain cam up and running and have mangled an edit here.

First flights were on F-13 White Lightning.

This flight was on F-16 blackjack, 32 MM RC

[YOUTUBE]YWevA2c9nFI&feature][/YOUTUBE]

whats the black dot at 2:30 seconds??

very cool I miss those santa fe dam launches... or is that those dam santa fe launches?? LOL

Very kewl flight. I have been watching your build thread.

So last week I ordered a Gamma Star.

Then the drunk google formula kicked in this weekend. ---- Whiskey + (Google & Ebay) = Way too much money spent acquiring a NIB Stratoblaster. :y: In for a penny in for a pound so to speak.

Anywho I will build the Stratoblaster before I build the Gamma Star and will be incorporating some of your mods in that build. Although I will keep it as a 24mm setup. Look for a few questions in your other thread coming up in the future. :wink:

Very kewl flight. I have been watching your build thread.

So last week I ordered a Gamma Star.

Then the drunk google formula kicked in this weekend. ---- Whiskey + (Google & Ebay) = Way too much money spent acquiring a NIB Stratoblaster. :y: In for a penny in for a pound so to speak.

Anywho I will build the Stratoblaster before I build the Gamma Star and will be incorporating some of your mods in that build. Although I will keep it as a 24mm setup. Look for a few questions in your other thread coming up in the future. :wink:

I had a Gamma Star, it flew OK, I lost it on a dead battery, too many bad ignitors on the pad and I ran the battery out. Tough lesson. Here is a pic Jeff G took at a launch. I think it was on an F12. I just picked up another Gamma Star kit to get started, I think my son might fly it, he just flew the little FlatCat on RC yesterday. I am not a huge delta fan as you need to make (in my opinion) too many CG compromises, and I could never slow it down enough to catch it.

I feel your pain on the stratoblaster. They are expensive online, people know what they have by and large. They fly OK but no where near as nice as a Phoenix, but to stay under 500g and push the big motors, well the stratoblaster seems to work for now. Got to watch the speed, like the saying, "it kills". A G-12 took the tail off my last one.

With 24 MM I might be tempted to build it stock. I am a masochist so it is not always good to follow my lead. As you can see from my video, I like to get them down fast and use the energy for speed not duration. The stratoblaster needs a LOT of down trim to go fast in glide.

And yes that is the sun in the vid, those cheap CMOS sensors get a black spot over the sun.

6160619625_dfbc1a1551_z.jpg

2012-11-18 10.37.42.jpg

Found this on YouTube...

[video=youtube;WMrbSrxBHzs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMrbSrxBHzs[/video]

Looks like even after you took control you did one barrel roll, correct?

Latest posts

Back