Estes Sizzler

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I flew the Sizzler on a kinda windy day and never got it back on a C6-7. I think it hit somewhere between 50-60 mph. nice little rocket have fun!!

Uhhh, please tell me your joking...........right.:rolleyes: This thing has to go at least 350 mph on a C motor! I can't even imagine how fast it would go on one of those yet to be released Quest 18mm D motors!:eek:

Sizzler! OHOH!
That models nose cone is perfect for a really kewl rear-ejection streamer or parachute spot landing model. I call the Paul Conner Special after the original designer. What a great little flyer on 1/2A's to C6's:D

Sizzlers are also very nice looking rockets but I've never built one... it's on my Micro downscale list tho;)

I have a RockSim file for the Sizzler that will open with the demo version of RockSim 5.0 that I have on my computer. I'm not sure if I got the file along with the program, or if I downloaded it from EMRR.

In any case, RockSim gives these results for a C6-7 motor:
Maximum acceleration: 1036.456 ft/s/s, or 32 gees
Maximum velocity: 527.004 ft/s, or 359.32 mi/hr
Maximum altitude: 1432.842 ft

Originally posted by Bowhunter
How fast in MPH dose this little thing fly at on a C6?

Which version of the Sizzler? I know Micromeister is talking about the larger rear ejection model. I think you are talking about the newest bt-20 based one. I started in rocketry using the older bt-50 based Sizzler.

kj

Originally posted by zog43editor
Which version of the Sizzler? I know Micromeister is talking about the larger rear ejection model. I think you are talking about the newest bt-20 based one. I started in rocketry using the older bt-50 based Sizzler.

kj
The Sizzler I was talking about and posted the numbers for was the current BT-20-based one.

Back