Estes Mega Mosquito, Steam Punk, Forward Mounted Canted Cluster build thread

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hear ya. That and the bulbous motor retainers have gathered some criticism. Maybe I should have gone with a 1960's vibe vs. a feeble Victorian one. In any event, it is what it is and looks good in the air.

If someone prints a nozzle for me I'll replace what's there now :)

That is fantastic. You definitely have one of the most unique Mega Mosquitos out there. I particularly like the cut away fins showing the internal structure.

Great job. The bulbous buttocks, I mean retainers are just fine.:blush: Never underestimate the Power of the Dark Side, I mean of three Estes E motor ejection charges.:dark: It is good they all burned at about the same rate to give just a little wobble; spreading out the sin over multiple motors is a good thing if they all light. :cool: Yep, the top of the rocket was hot due to the high MACH speeds, you know those mighty E motors and the Point Three Seconds of Hades they put your rocket through. You might need a metal tip in the future to avoid PNC abatement, but don't tell the high power guys, they may get jealous.:wink: And go ahead and burn your fins in flight, shaped by fire the way the Lord intended them to be is what I say. Just hope the RSO is in a good mood when you tell him that.:p

Golly, I sure hope I used enough of the little picture guys so as not to offend or chastise over half the readers of the post at first blush.:rolleyes:

Looks great! the burn damage & paint turned out great! Be sure to post a pic of it in the "steampunked" gallery pics. Yet another great steampunk creation!

Back