Estes Limited Edition Orbital Transport

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sandman

Reaction score
Got my three today.

Great intro price of $16.99 each.

Normal retail is $20.99

I will comment more if I can get up the courage to open the package!

I do not like the "plastic" nose cones at all...easily fixed.

Keep it up Estes!

sandman

Any idea on how long this "limited edition" is planned to run? I, unfortunately, am banned from buying rocket kits for a little while, as finances are tight at the moment. Do you think they'll still be available after the holidays?

Kermie is banned from buying rockets? NOoooooo!!!!!!!!!! Dude, you have to negotiate some kind of savings plan or allowance so that you can buy something!

My guess is that the O.T. will be around for a while. The Honest John has been around for a while even though, if I am not mistaken, is a limited rerelease and still available. Although the term "limited" gives everyone a sense of urgency, I think you should be O.K. 'til at least Christmas. On the other hand, a lot of people might be hoarding them like crazy. Perhaps the years of withdrawal is causing panic in some people. If all else fails, I'm sure someone here can "hold" one for you until you can purchase one for yourself. ;) BTW, I'm still bargain shopping for the best deal. If you'd like me to get an extra one for you, I'd be happy to volunteer.

Thanks for the offer Eugene! I'd hate to have you sitting there with a kit that you won't be able to do anything with. I'll keep hunting for bargains here (although I haven't even seen any on the shelves yet), and do a lot of begging and pleading. I hear ya on the Honest John thing, but it also looks like there's a lot more buzz about the OT.

It's "limited" in the sense that there is a limit to how fast they can push them off of the assembly line. I know that the Greater Cincinnati area has seen it's share of them thus far, and I know who snapped up most of them. (No. It weren't me, but not for lack of effort.)

Back