Estes Interceptor (K-50 or #1250) Gallery

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A project that began in December 2007 and ended today, May 2011 :)

Introducing the .....

Deutschceptor

deutschceptor.jpg

• Thanks to Mike Schmidt from Moldin' Oldies for the great casting parts (nose cone, wing pods and exhaust)!
  • Also thanks to Fred at Excelsior Rocketry for the decals. They rock!

:DWow, that does make it an oldie. Both Moldin' Oldies and Excelsior have been sold since you started the project.:cool:

Introducing the .....

Deutschceptor

deutschceptor.jpg

• Thanks to Mike Schmidt from Moldin' Oldies for the great casting parts (nose cone, wing pods and exhaust)!
Awesome interceptor :)
XCheers
fred

Introducing the .....

Deutschceptor

deutschceptor.jpg

OUTSTANDING!!

Here's my Interceptor built in the early-mid 1980s with model RR weathering techniques. Just back from a long patrol near the twin suns of Zambrax...

20110810_Estes_Interceptor_r1.jpg

Here's my Interceptor built in the early-mid 1980s with model RR weathering techniques. Just back from a long patrol near the twin suns of Zambrax...

Thats just cool period:cool2:
Cheers
fred

Deutschceptor and "Trainceptor" look good guys.
Looks like twin suns really do a number on rocket wax.

Here's my Interceptor built in the early-mid 1980s with model RR weathering techniques.

Really nice. :clap:

One thing I like about rockets over model railroads though (long time railroader, new rocketeer) is the bright and shiny paint. Everything on a model railroad is all dingy and rusty! Kind of depressing when you think about it hehe ;)

NCR Interceptor G

Once semi-happy I printed the decals and began placing them. My ink jet decal paper is pretty old. Years old. But it worked okay. Even after soaking for minutes in warm water, it was hard to break them loose. And they slid off with considerable drag. This caused a lot of my longer decals to crack. Lesson learned. Make shorter pieces and try and join on the rocket.

Decals like Sandmans come free much easier.

Anyhooo here's where we are at. Just about done. I need to create a cockpit decal or vinyl cutout - then clear coat... but for now... I am pretty happy with it. Hopefully the previous owner would be too.

Should fly at ROCStock 34.

Post copied to gallery with permission

2011-10-20-InnerCeptor-0003.jpg

2011-10-20-InnerCeptor-0005.jpg

2011-10-20-InnerCeptor-0007.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to the Estes Interceptor (#1250) Gallery on TRF.

This gallery showcases the Estes Interceptor (#1250) and those rockets derived from it. Particularly appropriate in this thread are the following:

Estes: Interceptor: K-50 or #1250
Estes: Interceptor E: #1350
MMWW: Micro-Maxx Interceptor: #267
North Coast: Interceptor G: #3516

as well as any upscales, downscales, clones, kitbashes or other derivative works. Even Goonies qualify!

Last edited:
Estes Interceptor (K-50 or #1250) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Interceptor Also known as:

NUMBER: K-50 or #1250

Introduced: 1971
Final Year: 1981
Reissued and Withdrawn: 2008
Designer: Wayne Kellner

Type: Exotic
Motor Mount: 1x18mm
Recovery: Parachute
Stages: 1
Length: 26"
Diameter: 1.325"
Span: 7.4"
Weight: 3.85 oz

Mfg. Description: This is the spectacular model featured on the catalog cover. The most colorful and exciting Estes rocket ever! Carefully detailed plastic wing pods, nose cone and tail cone. Two huge decal sheets. (Estes 1971 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

estes-interceptor%20k50-1971%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 1971 Catalog
estes-interceptor%20k50-1973%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 1973 Catalog
estes-interceptor%20k50-1975%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 1975 Catalog

estes-interceptor%20k50-1977%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 1977 Catalog
estes-interceptor%20k50-2008%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2008 Catalog
estes-interceptor%20k50-2012%20web%20livery.jpg
Estes 2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

estes-interceptor%20k50-facecard.jpg
estes-interceptor%20k50-facecard%202.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

estes-interceptor%20k50-instr.jpg

First post in this thread featuring this rocket.

See Also: LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
Estes Interceptor E (#1350) Basic Information.

estes.gif
Estes Industries

MODEL NAME: Interceptor E Also known as:

NUMBER: #1330

Introduced: 2008
Final Year:
Designer: Wayne Kellner

Type: Exotic, Upscale
Motor Mount: 1x24mm
Length: 39 in. (99 cm)
Diameter: 2 in. (51 mm)
Span: 11.25 in.( 28.6 cm)
Weight: 13.5 oz. (363 g)

Mfg. Description: Super-sized at its best! Estes super-sized an already great rocket with the release of the Interceptor E. This new design retains the intergalactic cruiser look of the original, but has added many new features that make this a new classic in our line. We took the basic Interceptor from years ago, bumped up the size and added several heavy duty, molded and laser cut parts to improve assembly and durability of this mega rocket. While impressive and as large as it is, this rocket is a fairly easy build, yet still retains the classic look of its smaller brother!

The kit has many assembly upgrades to make building this impressive model easier than you might think. We have included many new features like laser cut wood fins, a highly detailed blow molded nose cone and molded plastic engine centering rings specifically designed to handle the power. We also included some nicely detailed, two piece molded wing pods, molded plastic space antennae and a super detailed plastic engine exhaust outlet. After painting, you can finish this beauty off with two sheets of upsized, accurately reproduced waterslide decals. All these upgrades make for a spectacular model rocket building and flying experience!

For size and performance, this giant is over 3 feet long and flies exceptionally well on our powerful E9-4 engine. When flown on this engine, this rocket blasts to over 450 feet. Recovery duties are handled by a rugged 24 inch preassembled nylon parachute, ensuring that your model can return safely to deliver another amazing flight. No doubt about it, this upsized classic will be the talk of any launch site! Be the envy of your rocket group, get yours today and be a part of a new legend...the Estes Interceptor E! (Estes 2012 Web Ad)

Advertising Liveries

estes-interceptor%20e%201350-2008%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2008 Catalog
estes-interceptor%20e%201350-2010%20cat%20livery.jpg
Estes 2010 Catalog
estes-interceptor%20e%201350-2012%20web%20livery.jpg
Estes 2012 Web Ad

Face Card(s)

estes-interceptor%20e%201350-facecard.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

estes-interceptor%20e%201350-instr.jpg

See Also:
TRF Build Threads
Hornet Driver

TRF Applicable Threads
Interceptor E....

LINKS
EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

If you have any additional information on this rocket and/or catalog photos please let us know.

Last edited:
MFG MODEL NUMBER Basic Information.

MMWW.gif
McCoy's Micro Wonder Works (MMWW)

MODEL NAME: Micro-Maxx Interceptor Also known as:

NUMBER: #267

Introduced: 2001
Final Year:
Designer: Wayne Kellner, John McCoy

Type: Exotic, Downscale
Motor Mount: 1x6mm
Recovery: Streamer
Length:
Diameter:
Span:
Weight:

Mfg. Description: DESC

Advertising Liveries

mmww-(estes)%20interceptor%20267-plan.jpg
Plan

Face Card(s)

mmww-(estes)%20interceptor%20267-facecard.jpg

Instruction Header(s)

EMRRRocketReviews
Mfg. Page

Last edited:
I just finished building my Interceptor. I modified it to fly on D and E motors . All the fins are epoxy coated and epoxy attached. It added very little weight yet it made the build rock solid. I used Kevlar in the recovery and made a custom chute for it. I look forward to flying it next month.

Interceptor-1 by jiffycoil, on Flickr

Interceptor-2 by jiffycoil, on Flickr

Wow! Now that's some weathering! Looks like she's been on long patrols with a flight of X-wings... X-wings are always "rode hard and put up wet"... LOL:)

Later! OL JR :)

Did you produce this as a kit?

No, that was just for me. The nose cone, tail cone and fin pods were all balsa.

I was walking to the flight line with that model when the older gentleman was walking towards me and held out is hands as he got closer.

I thought to myself, "Who is this gu...oh gawd! It's Vern!!!"

I almost dropped down on one knee to hand it to him.

Best NARAM EVER!!!:D

JimZ was there with me and said I didn't get the smile off of my face for at least 2 hours.

NCR Interceptor G (#3516) Basic Information.

ncr.gif
North Coast Rocketry (NCR)

MODEL NAME: Interceptor G Also known as:

NUMBER: #3516

Introduced:
Final Year:
Designer:

Type: Exotic, Upscale
Motor Mount: 1x28.5mm
Length: 46"
Diameter: 2.5"
Span:
Weight: 16 oz

Mfg. Description: The INTERCEPTOR G lifts off with the excitement and power of powerful G motors! The interceptor G represents a futuristic manned interceptor concept in a flying model kit. Colorful decals, plastic molded detailing, and precision laser cut plywood parts make building a snap, with impressive results. (NCR 1996 Catalog)

Advertising Liveries

ncr-interceptor%20g%203516-1996%20cat.jpg
1996 Catalog

Face Card(s)

Instruction Header(s)

EMRR
RocketReviews
Mfg. Page

Last edited:
I just finished building my Interceptor. I modified it to fly on D and E motors . All the fins are epoxy coated and epoxy attached. It added very little weight yet it made the build rock solid. I used Kevlar in the recovery and made a custom chute for it. I look forward to flying it next month.

Interceptor-1 by jiffycoil, on Flickr

Interceptor-2 by jiffycoil, on Flickr
Nice job bud ! Really clean leading and trailing edges and a glass smooth finish----SWEET!!!! Let us know how the flight goes----H

Thanks H. I have learned so much from folks like you here on the forum. Everytime I build I try to do a better job.

Thanks H. I have learned so much from folks like you here on the forum. Everytime I build I try to do a better job.
Your Interceptor looks fantastic! I like the silver over the traditional white! I agree in the short time I've learned a great deal from everyone on the forum.

Back