Estes going to MAP = MSRP for all online sellers 4/1?

The Rocketry Forum

Help Support The Rocketry Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will help Apogee Components. They sell rocket motors at MSRP or higher. If vendors and Estes are going to sell at MSRP, I just as well give the business to Apogee in appreciation of all the free videos and other content they provide.

In addition to Apogee, I can get most of what I need from a Hobby Lobby in a state that does not have a sales tax. Now I don't have to be concerned with spending $100 at AC Supply in order to avoid shipping charges.

Estes is going to find out that trying to engineer economic policy will only work to hurt business for them and vendors.

If vendors and Estes are going to sell at MSRP, I just as well give the business to Apogee in appreciation of all the free videos and other content they provide.
Some vendors will sell at MSRP. Many will not. AC Supply does not sell at MSRP, but one must have an account and use a coupon code now in order to receive the discount.

I am willing to pay the Apogee "tax" every now and then out of gratitude, but not on Estes motors.

Some vendors will sell at MSRP. Many will not. AC Supply does not sell at MSRP, but one must have an account and use a coupon code now in order to receive the discount.

I am willing to pay the Apogee "tax" every now and then out of gratitude, but not on Estes motors.

While I use to find value in the videos that Apogee puts out, I don't really care for them these days and haven't watched more that a minute or two of any their stuff in many years. It's still good information for beginners but I felt I quickly outgrew their content.

I don't feel that what they offer outweighs the often, outrageous price of some of their items.

They have some items that are unique, excellent, and reasonably priced for what they are. I buy some of those when I need them.

I am not down with charging significantly over MSRP for items that are routinely discounted below MSRP throughout distribution. The topic has been previously hashed out extensively in other threads.

They have some items that are unique, excellent
That much is true. I will buy from Apogee, but only if it's somehow the cheapest option (I can buy everything I need from them and not have to buy from 3+ separate venders) or there's no other place to buy what I want.

While I use to find value in the videos that Apogee puts out, I don't really care for them these days and haven't watched more that a minute or two of any their stuff in many years. It's still good information for beginners but I felt I quickly outgrew their content.

I don't feel that what they offer outweighs the often, outrageous price of some of their items.
It's the newsletters that have some value to me, but I think the videos are helpful to the hobby as a whole. As @SolarYellow says, they have some unique and often high-quality parts. I tend to save up a list of what I need from them and order once or twice a year. But I steer clear of their marked-up items.

I haven't really done any serious price checking, but it appears that Apogee has come down a bit on some items. I'm a VIR (Very Important Rocketeer - which simply means that I've ordered at least 6 times in the past....), which gives a 10% discount. So LOC kits are actually less than MSRP, less than buying directly from LOC. Now, I know that there are other vendors out there that can beat that, but it seems to be a step in the right direction.

Hans.

Considering that I can get everything that I need in one place -- and that I basically get a refund on every purchase -- I don't see any need to go anywhere else. The service is great, Tim is a wealth of knowledge, and it does not hurt that they are just 5 minutes from my house! :)

Considering that I can get everything that I need in one place -- and that I basically get a refund on every purchase -- I don't see any need to go anywhere else. The service is great, Tim is a wealth of knowledge, and it does not hurt that they are just 5 minutes from my house! :)
I drive through CS 3 or 4 times a year, I keep saying I will take time to stop and visit but I'm usually under time constraint and go through there outside of business hours.
I don't have accounts with any online retailers so hard to see what the prices really are, if they are playing that game. I usually buy LPR motors from Hobby Lobby but they don't have C11 or C5. I was trying to price online and could only fidn them for about $6 each.

I drive through CS 3 or 4 times a year, I keep saying I will take time to stop and visit but I'm usually under time constraint and go through there outside of business hours.
I don't have accounts with any online retailers so hard to see what the prices really are, if they are playing that game. I usually buy LPR motors from Hobby Lobby but they don't have C11 or C5. I was trying to price online and could only fidn them for about $6 each.

FYI C11s are $7.89 for a 2-pack and C5s are $10.29 for a 3-pack from Hobbylinc - AC Supply’s discounted price (for folks with an account who use their discount code) will be a bit less.

I agree with almost everyone about Apogee. I buy items from them that only they have. Kits mostly. But everything else is marked up. Or at the other's MSRP. I have bought the Flamethrower, the Flying Machine, and Quickdraw because I thought they were interesting... not cheap. And yes, two of the three I could have done from scratch if all I wanted was the basic shape. Things like that latest glider, for what $120? Just not that big a fan boy. And yes, I know it takes time and money to design and produce them. But I bet they are being sold at a 100% markup.

FYI C11s are $7.89 for a 2-pack and C5s are $10.29 for a 3-pack from Hobbylinc - AC Supply’s discounted price (for folks with an account who use their discount code) will be a bit less.

Chris also has good prices- C11's are $6.99, and C5's are $9.09 at csrocketry.com. Priced on the webpage, no need to log in or enter a code.

This will help Apogee Components. They sell rocket motors at MSRP or higher. If vendaors and Estes are going to sell at MSRP, I just as well give the business to Apogee in appreciation of all the free videos and other content they provide.
deleted

I was snooping around on the net and found that acsupplyco.com shows reduced prices when you add to cart. I was trying to compare prices on erockets.biz and they were showing msrp even when added to cart. Do they have reduced prices if you have an account or a code?

I was snooping around on the net and found that acsupplyco.com shows reduced prices when you add to cart. I was trying to compare prices on erockets.biz and they were showing msrp even when added to cart. Do they have reduced prices if you have an account or a code?
Not that I’ve seen though eRockets will puts items on sale or clearance at a discount.

Back